We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Such a disappointment...

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Mazatlan hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Walnut Creek...
Such a disappointment...

I love Mazatlan, as you do. I have followed the forum daily for the last several years. I traveled to Mazatlan as a youngster with my family and as a young adult when able. Then there were years of no trips, but in the last three years I can not get enough of Mazatlan again. We had a trip planned for April 14th-22nd, for my birthday. I was packed and ready to go, down to the last detail, and outrageously excited. On April 10th, 4 days before leaving I broke my collar bone. The doctor called it the "good news" when I was diagnosed, they had feared my injuries were more severe. The trip was cancelled, though for a couple of days I vacillated with the decision. I am recuperating, and we will most likely go in November, what feels like an endless wait for me now. Why am I writing, I guess to tell a group of people who I know would most sympathize with my plight and also to add a warning-- be careful, don't jeopardize your trip in any way, walk carefully, stay away from people with colds, etc. Your posts take me there daily and for that I thank you.

Mazatlan
Destination Expert
for Mazatlan
reviews: 31
1. Re: Such a disappointment...

So sorry to hear of your misfortune. I hope you mend fast, and prepare yourself for your trip to your beloved Mazatlan in November.

Ontario, Canada
reviews: 7
2. Re: Such a disappointment...

So sad to hear of your plight; such a huge disappointment but rejoice in the fact that Mazatlan is beautiful in November, many snowbirds are returning and activities are in full swing. I wish you a speedy and full recovery

Fruitvale, CO
reviews: 11
3. Re: Such a disappointment...

Sorry for your accident. You did the right thing in delaying your visit until you are well and able to fully enjoy Mazatlan. Enjoy the anticipation of your November trip.

Mazatlan, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Mazatlan
reviews: 10
4. Re: Such a disappointment...

So sorry to hear of your disapointment. But rest assured, we will keep the beer cold and the beach warm for you!

Carson City, Nevada
reviews: 5
5. Re: Such a disappointment...

I'm very sorry to hear about your injury. It's not bad enough breaking a collarbone, which by the way is very painful but to lose out on an iminent trip to Mazatlan! All I can say is that you will heal and before you know it you will be sipping a cold one on the beach in Mazatlan. Heal well!

Edmonton, Canada
reviews: 202
6. Re: Such a disappointment...

Suzanne, I'm so sorry to hear about your injury and your missed trip to Mazatlan. I hope that you are feeling better and are recuperating well. We will do our part on this forum to keep the posts coming so that we all have something to get us through to our next trips!

Get answers to your questions about Mazatlan