We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Name of the bridge above paseo Claussen?

Which Mazatlan hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Los Angeles...
reviews: 1
Name of the bridge above paseo Claussen?

Anyone know the name of the bridge above the paseo Claussen? I wanted to do some research on it but I can seem to find what it's called.

Lake Minnewawa, mn
1. Re: Name of the bridge above paseo Claussen?

The bridge was a part of Paseo J. Dominguez.

This was the route to Olas Altas before Paseo Claussen was built.

This photo is part of the Lee Jacobs collection. If the link works correctly it will show the old route with a car on the bridge. Otherwise it is in the Old Mazatlan file in her collection.

http://www.leejacobs.org/MAZATLAN/Old-Maz-Photos/329833_dx7Vd6#!i=1714405516&k=gM6jJ7z

http://www.leejacobs.org/MAZATLAN

Edited: 10:32 am, May 01, 2013
Lake Minnewawa, mn
2. Re: Name of the bridge above paseo Claussen?

Now that you have aroused my curiosity I did some more looking in Lee Jacobs collection.

The photos of interest about the bridge are numbers 19, 39, 45, and 46 in the old file.

Photo 45 shows the tunnel at the north end of the bridge. Photo 46 shows the old road up from Olas Altas.

This is an awesome collection of Mazatlan photos if one hasn't found it before. 462 pictures in the old file alone.

Mazatlan, Mexico
3. Re: Name of the bridge above paseo Claussen?

The city archives are on Carnaval about a 1/2 block off of Plazuela Machado. It is across the street from the resturant Frida Kahlo (sp?) -- the old Te Amo Lucy's. I have been there many times to research things---just tell someone what you are looking for, then they will set you down at a table and bring you all kinds of resources.

Wish It, Was A...
4. Re: Name of the bridge above paseo Claussen?

Te Amo Lucy's and Loro De Oro Inn are on Constitucion if I am not mistaken.....have walked by there many times in the past.

Millsboro, Delaware
reviews: 26
5. Re: Name of the bridge above paseo Claussen?

So Tony and Lucy were successful in renting the restaurant? We'll have to check out the tenant next week.

Millsboro, Delaware
reviews: 26
6. Re: Name of the bridge above paseo Claussen?

So Tony and Lucy were successful in renting the restaurant? We'll have to check out the tenant next week.

Ontario
reviews: 3
7. Re: Name of the bridge above paseo Claussen?

A couple of things here.....poolds did refer to the location of the OLD Tony and Lucy's on Carnaval south of the Machado. I am not familiar with this, but presumably this pre-dates their place on Constitution.

Second, Tony posted eldewhere on January 31st this year....

"Lucy and Tony, of the Loro de Oro Inn and formerly Te Amo Lucy's Restaurant are proud to announce the grand opening of a new restaurant addition to our fair city.

We have rented our former restaurant space at the LDO Inn to a group of young nationals. Food service is nothing new to this vibrant and energetic group. They presently operate a successful catering business.

The grand opening of La Catrina Kahlo is planned for this Friday February 1, 2013. Their menu includes appetizers, soups, salads, beef, pork, pastas, desserts and more."

I haven't kept up with the reviews.

Wish It, Was A...
8. Re: Name of the bridge above paseo Claussen?

Hi Neils!

Tony and Loro de Oro Inn have always been in the same spot. It was the Loro De Oro Inn before Tony bought it. He did add the restaurant however.

I miss your blog by the way!

MBL

Ontario
reviews: 3
9. Re: Name of the bridge above paseo Claussen?

Geez MBL, thanks, but it's a little diificult to write a blog about our adventures in Mazatlan from our very late spring in Ontario! You wouldn't like it as much...lol!

I thought that our sensitive friend Tony started the Inn after he bought that Constitution property?

Mazatlan, Mexico
10. Re: Name of the bridge above paseo Claussen?

Yes, it is most definately Constitution, not Carnaval. My apologies! Not only the wrong street, but it runs in the wrong direction!