We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

markets

Which Mazatlan hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Carbondale...
reviews: 9
markets

Can someone tell me a little about the open air markets? I heard about the shrimp and flower markets too....

Carbondale...
reviews: 9
11. Re: markets

Another question.........we have a suite with a kitchette. Is it worth buying food and cooking or doing AI? Our friends originally booked and chose not to go AI so my husband and I were going to do AI but....ugh....what to do, what to do....

Ontario
reviews: 3
12. Re: markets

It depends entirely on your interests and circumstances. We go for extended stays each winter, and have never, ever, considered all-inclusive. The food offerings can rapidly become banal, and are not the best to be had.

We eat out at any of the many great places perhaps two or three times a week, the other times we cook in, and because we both like cooking, our meals are superb IMHO!!! I have said before that at the time we are there, the produce in the markets makes cooking an absolute joy....even Mega does really well, and has a great bakery to boot.

As I said, it all depends on you. While I will never agree that AI is a good deal in Mazatlan, some people swear by it. Sometimes it is because they have picky kids...sometimes it is because they like to drink like fish, and other times there are other reasons.....so there you go.

Another plus for looking after yourselves is that it gets you out a lot more to enjoy the city and people,...we shop every day!

Shoreline...
reviews: 16
13. Re: markets

I wouldn't do AI either - too many good restaurants! If you want to buy groceries, Mega and Soriana would be your best bet if you were in the Gold Zone. There's always the Mercado in el Centro as well. If you're out by RIU / PBEB then someone else will need to let you know of a closer grocery store.

Saginaw, Minnesota
reviews: 34
14. Re: markets

We would never consider doing AI either, too many great restaurants in Maz.. We also eat breakfast and lunch in our room. My wife is somewhat picky and my granddaughter is extremely picky. Neils had a great point as I actually love shopping/ wandering aimlessly at the stores and gives me something to do besides laying in the sun and swimming in the pool/ocean.

15. Re: markets

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:16 am, May 11, 2014