We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mazatlan is fast beoming a great tourist destination.

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Mazatlan hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Mazatlan, Mexico
reviews: 7
Mazatlan is fast beoming a great tourist destination.

Once again Mazatlan shines!!

https:/…

Carson City, Nevada
reviews: 5
1. Re: Mazatlan is fast beoming a great tourist destination.

Bad link.

Ontario
reviews: 3
2. Re: Mazatlan is fast beoming a great tourist destination.

The link worked fine for me.

This news is consistent with an excellent recent article in the Canadian Globe and Mail, written by a travel writer who had been entertained by the local hotel association...I think...which emphasized how Mazatlan was now marketing itself as a very different destination from the many other "manufactured" tourist resorts in Mexico. It talked about the wide variety of stuff in an active Mexican city, the local culture, the history, the artistic opportunities, quite different from the usual Mexico destinations that most visiting Canadians experience each winter.

It reminded me of the travel article about Mazatlan we read ten years ago...we certainly bought the message then! I think the marketing approach is really promising. Hopefully enough people will start biting, and then the airplanes and cruise ships might start returning?

Carson City, Nevada
reviews: 5
3. Re: Mazatlan is fast beoming a great tourist destination.

It works for me now also. They must have been down for a time.

Edmonton, Canada
reviews: 181
4. Re: Mazatlan is fast beoming a great tourist destination.

Awesome! Thanks for posting.

Mazatlan
Destination Expert
for Mazatlan
reviews: 29
5. Re: Mazatlan is fast beoming a great tourist destination.

Excellent read--note my comment on the article on the site. Mazatlan must emphasize what the other cities don't have, history of a working city, and rich in culture. All the other resort cities in Mexico were built and developed into resort areas.

Mazatlan, Mexico
reviews: 7
6. Re: Mazatlan is fast beoming a great tourist destination.

yes Mazexp, you are very correct!! Once again..... I always like your comments and input on this site.

Edmonton
reviews: 12
7. Re: Mazatlan is fast beoming a great tourist destination.

I've been vacationing in Mazatlan since 1978...not so sure about the fast thing.

8. Re: Mazatlan is fast beoming a great tourist destination.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:36 am, August 22, 2013
Salishan OR
reviews: 35
9. Re: Mazatlan is fast beoming a great tourist destination.

"infrastructure..." That would be a good place to start. Clean up the sidewalks from Valentino's to the Marina so you can walk them at night without risking an ankle or worse.

I'm not so sure about the marketing part, but then after 18 years we already know Mazatlan is a great place to visit.

wa state
reviews: 3
10. Re: Mazatlan is fast beoming a great tourist destination.

We are in P.V. & the # 1 question asked here when we tell someone we like to vacation in Maz is; "what about the crime & violence? "

I thought the problem of misinformation was only in the states & Canada but the nationals & many vacationers here seem to think the same as, & belive the garbage put out by the U.S media.

Until that myth is squashed, Mazatlans climb to becoming a great vacation destination will continue to be a slow, hard, uphill climb.