We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Looking for a two or three bedroom condo/resort for kids

Which Mazatlan hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Houston, Texas
Looking for a two or three bedroom condo/resort for kids

Good day,

I'm going to Mazatlan some time this summer, I've already booked the flights but not the hotel yet. We were looking at Villas El Rancho as one option, but reading the recent reviews <a href="tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g150792-d266963…">here on TripAdvisor</a> makes me question it a little bit. We've stayed at Pueblo Bonito Emerald Bay, the older Pueblo Bonito, and one other place (possibly El Cid?) and liked them, but now that we're going as a family with small children we are looking for other options that have two or three bedroom and aren't going to cost $500/second to sleep there.

So with that in mind, do you all have any suggestions of where to stay? Villas El Rancho looks just about perfect, but reading the recent reviews about the lack of cleanliness, the bug infestations, lack of maintenance, and other issues make me hesitant to go with them. Should I just suck it up and go back to one of the Pueblo Bonitos and fork out lots of money?

Saginaw, Minnesota
reviews: 34
1. Re: Looking for a two or three bedroom condo/resort for kids

We have been bringing our kids/grand kids for many years to The Inn at Mazatlan and we feel secure there. From what I've seen I think the beach in front of Costa De Oro, El Cid, and The Inn is a great stretch of beach for swimming without hidden rocks. Costa De Oro and El Cid look like very nice resorts and most people we've talked to enjoy there stays there. There are a couple of websites where owners rent out there timeshares at very reasonable rates, just do a little research and you should find some good deals.

Calgary, Alberta
reviews: 25
2. Re: Looking for a two or three bedroom condo/resort for kids

Hello Shawn,

Check your personal messages.

Austin, Texas
reviews: 5
3. Re: Looking for a two or three bedroom condo/resort for kids

We own a condo at Costa Bonita and have been going there with our kids for 5 years since the youngest was 3 month - it's very mellow and quiet with a fairly large pool and great beach. I had my condo booked one year and due to flight schedules we had to spend 2 nights next door at the Riu and while it was kind of fun to have the huge pool and swim up bar the other aspects of it were not so great with kids, a drunk fell over in their bar stool and almost fell on my kid in the pool - let's just say many enjoy the open bar a bit to much.

It depends on what your family is into but in my opinion a condo with separate bedroom and bathroom is the only way to go with kids if the parents want to relax at all.

Vancouver, Canada
reviews: 59
4. Re: Looking for a two or three bedroom condo/resort for kids

What are the ages of your children?

I am no expert having been to MAZ for the first time last year. However we stayed at the original Costa Bonita resort and condos and found it to be very relaxing and comfortable and perfect for our 6year old and 3 year old grandchildren who joined us for a week there.

Booked through VRBO a very comfortable 2 bedroom. I think it wouldn't have much to offer teenagers however.

Shoreline...
reviews: 16
5. Re: Looking for a two or three bedroom condo/resort for kids

I own at the Costa de Oro. It's an excellent place, but it is a little worn. The staff are amazing and the location can't be beat. Their pool is has a large graduated section for infants to small kids. There's also a little waterfall in the pool.

Royal Villas is about a block South of the Costa de Oro and has a smaller pool that has a water slide - very popular with younger kids.

Both the Costa de Oro and Royal Villas are inexpensive, especially if you grab a last minute deal on tradingplaces.com's hot deals or another site like redweek.com.

Mazatlan, Mexico
reviews: 7
6. Re: Looking for a two or three bedroom condo/resort for kids

Depends on if you are looking for individual owned condos or maybe timeshares?? They both are good. I think some good websites are www.vrbo.com or www.redweek.com

Timeshares are maybe date specific and privately owned condos can be rented anytime.

Good luck.

7. Re: Looking for a two or three bedroom condo/resort for kids

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:19 am, April 17, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Mazatlan