We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

May Roll Call-Who's Going and what is your one "must do"?

Which Mazatlan hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Carson City, Nevada
reviews: 5
May Roll Call-Who's Going and what is your one "must do"?

I'll visiting Mazatlan for ten days starting on May 8th. I have booked a suite at El Cid Marina this time so that will be a departure from my usual 1 bedroom suite at Moro. I want to thank members of this board who have posted lots of great information and have given me so many more items in my bucket list. I will be doing some deep-sea fishing and/or bottom fishing while I'm there in the 10 to the 14th timeframe and if anyone wants to share a boat let me know. I look forward to big fish, long walks on the beach and in town and great food...oh, and ofcourse sun,sun,sun! It's going to be a long month waiting. lol

Atlanta, Georgia
reviews: 18
1. Re: May Roll Call-Who's Going and what is your one "must do"?

Love to go, but it is hard to find an economical flight from the east coast. Thanks airlines....

Carson City, Nevada
2. Re: May Roll Call-Who's Going and what is your one "must do"?

Yes hopefully the woeful airline schedules will get better soon and reasonable prices would be nice.

Saskatoon, Canada
reviews: 89
3. Re: May Roll Call-Who's Going and what is your one "must do"?

Almost here! Enjoy your time it's your turn!

Carson City, Nevada
4. Re: May Roll Call-Who's Going and what is your one "must do"?

Thanks Judyjudyjudy. i'm certainly ready to recharge the old batteries and where better than Mazatlan?

Saginaw, Minnesota
reviews: 34
5. Re: May Roll Call-Who's Going and what is your one "must do"?

I'm not sure if it is the season now or what but oysters on the beach is a big thing right now. So my friend took me to a little stand just past El Cid to the north. Just a couple guys with bags of oysters knives and serving trays so you have to look hard. This is the place the beach vendors go so it must be okay. Being from Minnesota fresh oysters are non-existent so these were out of this world. Is on the schedule for today again.

Carson City, Nevada
6. Re: May Roll Call-Who's Going and what is your one "must do"?

I'm not so sure if the shellfish are OK. I saw an article in the Mazz. messenger not long ago that they had some problems with the shellfish. I tried to find the article but no luck. Rest assured I won't be eating any raw shellfish on the beach anytime soon. Maybe someone else has access to that article.

Found it;

mazmessenger.com/2013/…

Edited: 12:21 pm, April 08, 2013
Saginaw, Minnesota
reviews: 34
7. Re: May Roll Call-Who's Going and what is your one "must do"?

Thanks for the link. After eating them yesterday plus watching all the people around me eating them I probably continue to eat them in spite of any warnings. Guess I'm just that kind of guy-if you tell me not to do something I probably will or at least think about it. Like

Carson City, Nevada
8. Re: May Roll Call-Who's Going and what is your one "must do"?

I can appreciate that Jack! You're my kind of people. I just don't like slimy raw oysters or I would do the same thing! LOL

califonia
9. Re: May Roll Call-Who's Going and what is your one "must do"?

I ate a bunch of raw oysters over Semana Santa and I think I survived. I'm sure my stomach was already a toxic mess of liquor and beer that would kill anything on contact.

Carson City, Nevada
10. Re: May Roll Call-Who's Going and what is your one "must do"?

So how did this Semana Santa rate in your list of trips webeclubbin! Raw oysters, tequila and Pacifico, breakfast of champions! LOL