We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Shopping tips

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Mazatlan hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Scottsdale, Arizona
reviews: 22
Shopping tips

My wife is a crazy shopper. Thankfully, she limits full blown shopping to a day 😏 yeah right.

Anyway, just curious about some suggestions for general areas as well as specific places with great prices or eclectic local artisan type stuff. We love artwork, nautical always is a draw for us, she loves to buy what we have come to call her "trip gift" generally, well really it is always, jewelry. She will want to buy silver jewelry for our nieces but gold for herself.

I know it may seem that I gave to much detail, but if you do not know what wife wants to shop form you couldn't lead us properly.

As an aside, I have heard that if you buy something that is too big or cumbersome for the plane ride home that the store will ship it...For a fee of course. But there are a couple of horror stories about purchases never actually being shipped. Thoughts to caution in this regard?

As always thanks ahead of time for all of you great posters... You have helped us so much in the planning of our upcoming trip.

Atlanta, Georgia
reviews: 18
11. Re: Shopping tips

The map Neils talked about will give you an idea where the shops are. It is usually avaibale at shops. I don't recall where we got one. Neils.... help us out here..

Edmonton
reviews: 12
12. Re: Shopping tips

No artwalk for us either but the Saturday evening arts and crafts market at Plaza Muchado from 5pm to 11pm sounds promising for some interesting shopping and entertainment. I think that it runs year round - anyone know?

Ontario
reviews: 3
13. Re: Shopping tips

At the risk of repeating myself, you can do your own art walk any time, and surprise surprise, steve, if you go to www.artwalkmazatlan.com the map is right there, along with all the information you might need! The map is also readily available at any of the galleries.....you're welcome!

Scottsdale, Arizona
reviews: 22
14. Re: Shopping tips

Thanks neils

Mazatlan
Destination Expert
for Mazatlan
reviews: 29
15. Re: Shopping tips

For the best deal and wide assortment of real silver jewelry, go to "Here Is Paco," located on Camaron Sabalo, in the Golden Zone, across from the old Balboa Club. There are also several stores on the same two blocks that sell leather goods, artwork, T-shirts, caps, etc.

16. Re: Shopping tips

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, April 10, 2014