We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Shopping tips

Which Mazatlan hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Lake Worth...
reviews: 19
Shopping tips

My wife is a crazy shopper. Thankfully, she limits full blown shopping to a day 😏 yeah right.

Anyway, just curious about some suggestions for general areas as well as specific places with great prices or eclectic local artisan type stuff. We love artwork, nautical always is a draw for us, she loves to buy what we have come to call her "trip gift" generally, well really it is always, jewelry. She will want to buy silver jewelry for our nieces but gold for herself.

I know it may seem that I gave to much detail, but if you do not know what wife wants to shop form you couldn't lead us properly.

As an aside, I have heard that if you buy something that is too big or cumbersome for the plane ride home that the store will ship it...For a fee of course. But there are a couple of horror stories about purchases never actually being shipped. Thoughts to caution in this regard?

As always thanks ahead of time for all of you great posters... You have helped us so much in the planning of our upcoming trip.

Mazatlan, Mexico
reviews: 7
1. Re: Shopping tips

Designers Bazaar in the Golden Zone is awesome!! Love that store! Has everything from small rings and bracelets, clothes, dishes, tons of art work and statues/home decor.

Lake Worth...
2. Re: Shopping tips

Thx

Kennesaw, Georgia
reviews: 10
3. Re: Shopping tips

Designer's Bazaar for sure, most of the Michael's shops, and try to take in the "Art Walk" in the historic district downtown. Especially Nidart...

.www.nidart.com/about.html

Cool stuff.

Lake Worth...
4. Re: Shopping tips

Nidart is really great. Thanks. Where is this gallery located?

Edmonton, Canada
reviews: 82
5. Re: Shopping tips

Sorry, I don't really have any shopping tips. You've read my posts so you know that all I do is eat!

Actually, last November/December I bought an absolutely gorgeous anniversary present for myself at Diamonds International. Got a great deal on a beautiful diamond ring set (and my husband even thought I deserved it when I got home)! I think the store in the Golden Zone is closed (am I right?) but there are two smaller stores at the Pueblo Bonito Mazatlan and Pueblo Bonito Emerald Bay. It was CONSIDERABLY cheaper than a similar diamond in Canada (by several thousand dollars - and yes I had them test it before I left!)

The only other real shopping that I do is for Rodo Padilla figurines or the leather masks that I believe Nidart carries and one of the stores in El Cid Castilla.

Carson City, Nevada
reviews: 5
6. Re: Shopping tips

I have always heard that shipping is very expensive from Mexico so that may factor in to your decision to ship large items home.

Kennesaw, Georgia
reviews: 10
7. Re: Shopping tips

Nidart is in the historic district at the Plaza Machado... near Angela Peralts theatre and Pedro y Lola's restaurant. It is a shop just to the right of Angela Peralta (facing the theatre). A bus will get you within a few blocks. Use the cathedral as a reference. Ask where the Peralta theatre is and walk a few blocks ( 3 blocks?).

Or take a cab or pulmonia to Angela Peralta.

Ask the folks in Nidart to turn on the circular fountain . See www.nidart.com. Wait for the "Atmosphere" screen to dispaly. That statue of a girl located below the big wall hanging is a fascinating rotating fountain.

Jewelry? Decent stuff at a good price (not necessarily diamonds etc.) is in a shop directly aross from Costa dell Oro in the golden zone. Near Constantines Leather if I recall.

Edited: 1:45 pm, April 07, 2013
Lake Worth...
8. Re: Shopping tips

Art walk on Friday evening at Plaza Machado? Will Nidart be open then?

Ontario
reviews: 3
9. Re: Shopping tips

Art Walk is only on the first Friday of the month, but Nidart is open for normal opening hours the rest of the time.

Perhaps there is a misconception that Art Walk features galleries that are only open during Art Walk. In fact many of the galleries run regular hours the rest of the time...Art Walk is simply a way to focus the marketing of the downtown arts community, which is certainly valuable, if only for the brochure and map they put together. Good maps are hard to find.......

Edited: 2:10 pm, April 07, 2013
Lake Worth...
10. Re: Shopping tips

That is sad... We fly in on the 4th so no art walk for us. Oh we'll, no reason to be sad, we'll find other ways to spend time 😎