In a previous thread entitled "List of Drop Dead Restaurants I Cannot Miss" I listed the restaurants I hoped to visit during this trip. Some from the original list were removed prior to arriving in Mazatlan and some had closed and others had been added, but let's see how I did on hitting that list:
1) Mr. Lionso's - one of my faves; surprisingly missed it on last trip - missed it again this trip!
2) Mr. Lobster - went three times!
3) Arre Lulu - it closed last year but went to Los Tejabones in its place twice (and stopped to say hi to Roman another three of four times). It was great.
4) Mi Terazza - closed
5) Pancho's - went twice to eat and once to buy Rolo Padilla artwork
6) El Paraje - didn't make it
7) Loco's Loco's - man times as usual, of course, they are like family
8) Joe's Oyster Bar - went for a drink but wasn't impressed with the menu
9) Topolo's - Yes! Thanks Fernando for joining our table!
10) Pedro Y Lola - didn't make it. Opted instead for Il Mosto - mistake!
11) Il Mosto - terrible - won't be back
12) Fat Fish - loved the great ribs
13) The Seafarer - never made it down that far
14) La Canoa - yes!
15) Water's Edge - Sunday brunch was fantastic
16) Lety's - made it while on Stone Island
17) El Fish Market - didn't make it this time given our location further south in the GZ
18) Mary's - went for breakfast
19) La Cueva del Leon - sadly didn't make it
20) Christie's, Gus Gus, Margaritas, El Capitano - worth a visit?? Stopped in at Gus Gus and absolutely loved the Veal Milanese Parmesan at Margaritas. Next trip we're staying closer to El Capitano so will try it on that visit.
All in all we did pretty good and ate VERY WELL during our great visit!