We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

So How Did I Do

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Mazatlan hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Edmonton, Canada
reviews: 156
So How Did I Do

In a previous thread entitled "List of Drop Dead Restaurants I Cannot Miss" I listed the restaurants I hoped to visit during this trip. Some from the original list were removed prior to arriving in Mazatlan and some had closed and others had been added, but let's see how I did on hitting that list:

1) Mr. Lionso's - one of my faves; surprisingly missed it on last trip - missed it again this trip!

2) Mr. Lobster - went three times!

3) Arre Lulu - it closed last year but went to Los Tejabones in its place twice (and stopped to say hi to Roman another three of four times). It was great.

4) Mi Terazza - closed

5) Pancho's - went twice to eat and once to buy Rolo Padilla artwork

6) El Paraje - didn't make it

7) Loco's Loco's - man times as usual, of course, they are like family

8) Joe's Oyster Bar - went for a drink but wasn't impressed with the menu

9) Topolo's - Yes! Thanks Fernando for joining our table!

10) Pedro Y Lola - didn't make it. Opted instead for Il Mosto - mistake!

11) Il Mosto - terrible - won't be back

12) Fat Fish - loved the great ribs

13) The Seafarer - never made it down that far

14) La Canoa - yes!

15) Water's Edge - Sunday brunch was fantastic

16) Lety's - made it while on Stone Island

17) El Fish Market - didn't make it this time given our location further south in the GZ

18) Mary's - went for breakfast

19) La Cueva del Leon - sadly didn't make it

20) Christie's, Gus Gus, Margaritas, El Capitano - worth a visit?? Stopped in at Gus Gus and absolutely loved the Veal Milanese Parmesan at Margaritas. Next trip we're staying closer to El Capitano so will try it on that visit.

Other places that weren't on our original list that we visited - Los Tejabones, Raggio, Allegro Café, Jungle Juice, Los Arcos, Vittore - all are worth visits.

All in all we did pretty good and ate VERY WELL during our great visit!

Scottsdale, Arizona
reviews: 22
11. Re: So How Did I Do

Sun seeker, your review of El Presidio has me really excited to add to my must eats list when we visit in May (getting closer, Yea!!). I think , like you, it will be at the end of our trip... Last dinner maybe, if we can hold out til then😎. Many of the places you reviewed we're already on my list. We are so so excited about our trip.

Edmonton, Canada
reviews: 156
12. Re: So How Did I Do

Mazexp and Ontario-CanadaSue - Thanks for much for your kind remarks. You really made my day (and that says something given that I left paradise and returned to snowy Edmonton!!) My husband just came up from our gym in the basement (which flooded last year) and reported no flooding! So it's a good day all around.

JoLee - you know we never talk about weight gain at the end of our vacations!!

Chuck - Enjoy El Presidio. The last night of your trip is a great night to visit. But going earlier on in your trip also allows for a repeat visit if you really love it. Either way, I recommend going on a Friday or Saturday night and then visiting Plaza Machado when it's really hopping those nights.

Edmonton, Canada
reviews: 25
13. Re: So How Did I Do

Enjoyed your daily reports. Thanks for the info on all the restaurants. I'll have to try a few on our next visit.

Las Vegas, Nevada
reviews: 5
14. Re: So How Did I Do

Three thumbs up!!!! I don't know how you find time to report while in Mazatlan? I'm always in a state that is between able to fish and able to eat. I really do appreciate the contribution, even if it does make October seem like a millienum away.

15. Re: So How Did I Do

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, April 10, 2014