We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

So How Did I Do

Which Mazatlan hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Edmonton, Canada
reviews: 103
So How Did I Do

In a previous thread entitled "List of Drop Dead Restaurants I Cannot Miss" I listed the restaurants I hoped to visit during this trip. Some from the original list were removed prior to arriving in Mazatlan and some had closed and others had been added, but let's see how I did on hitting that list:

1) Mr. Lionso's - one of my faves; surprisingly missed it on last trip - missed it again this trip!

2) Mr. Lobster - went three times!

3) Arre Lulu - it closed last year but went to Los Tejabones in its place twice (and stopped to say hi to Roman another three of four times). It was great.

4) Mi Terazza - closed

5) Pancho's - went twice to eat and once to buy Rolo Padilla artwork

6) El Paraje - didn't make it

7) Loco's Loco's - man times as usual, of course, they are like family

8) Joe's Oyster Bar - went for a drink but wasn't impressed with the menu

9) Topolo's - Yes! Thanks Fernando for joining our table!

10) Pedro Y Lola - didn't make it. Opted instead for Il Mosto - mistake!

11) Il Mosto - terrible - won't be back

12) Fat Fish - loved the great ribs

13) The Seafarer - never made it down that far

14) La Canoa - yes!

15) Water's Edge - Sunday brunch was fantastic

16) Lety's - made it while on Stone Island

17) El Fish Market - didn't make it this time given our location further south in the GZ

18) Mary's - went for breakfast

19) La Cueva del Leon - sadly didn't make it

20) Christie's, Gus Gus, Margaritas, El Capitano - worth a visit?? Stopped in at Gus Gus and absolutely loved the Veal Milanese Parmesan at Margaritas. Next trip we're staying closer to El Capitano so will try it on that visit.

Other places that weren't on our original list that we visited - Los Tejabones, Raggio, Allegro Café, Jungle Juice, Los Arcos, Vittore - all are worth visits.

All in all we did pretty good and ate VERY WELL during our great visit!

Black Hawk
reviews: 1
1. Re: So How Did I Do

Hats off to you and your family... You get an A++

Canada
reviews: 6
2. Re: So How Did I Do

Awesome!

Edmonton
reviews: 12
3. Re: So How Did I Do

I'm sorry that your vacation has come to an end ...I enjoyed following your vacation days that much! I was thinking I would try posting about the highlights of our upcoming trip next week as we have a house rental on ice box hill...it might be interesting to some, but your posts make a hard act to follow! thanks for all the great info - and I'm still not going parasailing!

Edmonton, Canada
reviews: 103
4. Re: So How Did I Do

Thanks guys! And havenboxer - trust me - people on this forum are dying for their next trip to Mazatlan and just want to read any and all words about their beloved vacation location. They want to hear everything from everyone! It helps the time pass before their next trip. I am one of them and will hang on every word and every post you make during your trip. And I think you're wise re: the parasailing! Have a great trip!!

Mazatlan
Destination Expert
for Mazatlan
reviews: 29
5. Re: So How Did I Do

But you happen to say it like a professional writer of stories. You write like you talk and that in itself makes it more interesting. Great Job!

Ontario, Canada
reviews: 7
6. Re: So How Did I Do

Sunseeker you know how to vacation and you certainly know how to write the best trip reports ever. It was like reading a good book, couldn' t wait to see what was going to happen next but alas the great final chapter has regretfully been read but so relieved to hear that a new book will come out in December. It was great following your daily forays , reveling in all that Mazatlan has to offer and allowing us all to savour a little bit of paradise from wherever we are. Wow, what will we do from now until December? I know you will give us a sneak peek at the next installment and guide us along our own path to Mazatlan. Muchas gracias!

Edited: 1:10 pm, April 06, 2013
B.C.Canada
Destination Expert
for Punta de Mita
reviews: 62
7. Re: So How Did I Do

You did GREAT.... Enjoyed reading all your posts... How much weight did you gain ? lol

Safe trip back to Cold country.

joy

San Diego...
8. Re: So How Did I Do

I'm sitting at the bar at The Inn right now. Weather is perfect but I don't get along with the sun.

It looks like you didn't make it to El Presidio. I'll be going next week and will report. Hope you had a great vacation.

Kimo

9. Re: So How Did I Do

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 8:35 pm, April 07, 2013
San Diego...
10. Re: So How Did I Do

Sorry Sunseeker. I just saw your review of El Presidio. Can't wait.

Kimo