We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best Ceviche in Mazatlan

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Mazatlan hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Houston, Texas
Best Ceviche in Mazatlan

Hello folks. I asked a question a few days ago about travel, so we've booked at least part of our trip for this summer and will be making further arrangements as time goes on.

One thing that we always look for in Mazatlan is good, casual seafood. Specifically, we love to eat ceviche while sitting on or near the beach. When we go further north we know some good places to get fresh seafood, but in Mazatlan we often end up sticking with a chain restaurant like Los Arcos which is good, or El Guamuchilito which was good but a bit inconvenient. Does anyone have any other suggestions for where to get the best ceviche in Mazatlan? A nice view is a bonus, but not as important as the food.

Scottsdale, Arizona
reviews: 2
1. Re: Best Ceviche in Mazatlan

Loco Lupes on the malecon, located by pulmonia statue. I have eaten it there many times and has always been fresh and delicious. My local friends from Mazatlan say it is one of the better places.

Mazatlan, Mexico
reviews: 54
2. Re: Best Ceviche in Mazatlan

I've had it many times in the palapa restaurants on the beach (really on the sand) near the Fisherman's Monument and everything I've had at any of them was great. Try an Aguachile dish sometime too.

Houston, Texas
3. Re: Best Ceviche in Mazatlan

Thanks! I'll take a look at both Los Lupes and the ones near the Fisherman's Monument.

Hostel_FunkyMonkey, I love aguachile. My wife makes great ceviche and aguachile at home, we sometimes get fresh seafood on the weekends when we can take a day trip to Galveston and buy freshly caught fish and shrimp off the boats that same day. My only problem with things that include shrimp is that I have become a bit OCD about the intestines in them. At home we pull them all out but at restaurants sometimes they go the lazy route. I don't mind a little of peeling shrimp when they are cooked whole (it's a lot like peeling crawfish) but when they are already in something I prefer to have them fully dissected.

Also, I know I'm making it sound like I'm probably crazy for going to Mazatlan and looking for the same things I get at home but I can demolish a couple of pounds of ceviche with a few Modelos, Pacificos, or Sol in one sitting. Ceviche for me is like pizza was when I was a teenager.

Mazatlán
Destination Expert
for Mazatlan
reviews: 13
4. Re: Best Ceviche in Mazatlan

Reserve judgement until after you have checked out the Roots Cafe. It's quietly crept onto the scene, located just across from Gus Gus, and is definitey worth a visit. I went for the first time last night, and will definitely go again. They serve great ceviche, have a full bar with quality beverages, including wine by the bottle (good wine), top shelf liquor, and great service. They have an open mic every Sunday night (live music some other nights of the week too). They are currently building a special area for a "ceviche bar". Cool little outdoor place with 2 very accommodating hands-on owners. Free secure WIFI.

Carson City, Nevada
reviews: 5
5. Re: Best Ceviche in Mazatlan

That sounds like a winner Mazzi! I can't wait to check them out.

6. Re: Best Ceviche in Mazatlan

Diegos Beachhouse is a beachfront. amazingly beautiful restaurant with a wood deck and palm trees that has an amazing mahi-mahi ceviche

7. Re: Best Ceviche in Mazatlan

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, April 11, 2014