We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Eggs....

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Mazatlan hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Black Hawk
reviews: 1
Eggs....

SunSeeker mentioned this subject so thought I would pose the topic...

After the wife and I had wonderful breakfast this AM at Panama Cafe, I have to ask "why are the eggs in Mexico so much better than in the "ultra sterile" USA"? Here they have white whites and nearly orange yolks... And they have flavor! Yummy....

And don't get me started on the amazing taste of the chicken and beef.... What have we done to ourselves "up north"?

Edmonton, Canada
reviews: 11
21. Re: Eggs....

The Chateaubriand at La Marina is as good as Alberta beef. I also order it well done and it's still delicious.

Bloomfield
22. Re: Eggs....

Rather than dandelions, I have always been told the chickens were fed marigold flowers. Wonder which it is or maybe both.

I brought back several paper menus from Panama and had them laminated. They are my fun palcemats They make the best conversation starters here in Iowa. Trouble is they make me so homesick for the food.

Edmonton, Canada
reviews: 202
23. Re: Eggs....

Can we talk more about the eggs in Mexico? We had a 830 cab ride to the airport this morning so no time for breakfast. I miss it already! I want those eggs!! Will definitely try Panama for breakfast next visit and also Twisted Mama's.

Edited: 10:16 pm, April 06, 2013
wa state
reviews: 3
24. Re: Eggs....

I have yet to have a decent steak in Mexico & other than what they put in the tacos, echiladas, Fijaitas, ect the Mexican beef leaves a lot to be desired NOB beef is much better IMHO.

I guess I should add our beef is raised free range by a friend, finished in his small feed lot with no chemicals or hormones, & butchered at an old fashion mom & pop butcher shop.

Life is good ; )

Edited: 9:53 am, April 07, 2013
Carson City, Nevada
reviews: 5
25. Re: Eggs....

I couldn't agree with you more Birdman. We have a similar arrangement for our beef and I wouldn't expect Mazatlan or Mexico in general to compete with it. On the other hand I will never get such wonderful seafood as in Mazatlan here in the High Sierra. You may where you live since you are on the coast. The point is that every area has it's culinary highlights and Mazatlan's is seafood and certainly not beef.

Ontario
reviews: 3
26. Re: Eggs....

You two guys need to get out more when you're in Mazatlan....lol!

I can't claim to be lucky enough to have the local suppliers you have, but it does seem that steak appreciation is rather like wine appreciation.....if people don't have the gift of telling the difference between good wine/steak, they think nobody else does, and can get quite belligerent about it! A recent thread about wine illustrated this. For me, I have had excellent steaks in Mazatlan, whatever that says about me! Of course it isn't all about the meat, it depends on the cut, how it is butchered, whether you choose to marinate or not, and perhaps most important, how you cook it. My excellent steaks have usually been cooked by ....ta dah....me!!!

As I said earlier, Soriana's did just fine for us this winter....t-bones...but if you really want to be certain, get a filete from Mary's in the mercado in from Fisherman's monument. Enjoy whatever you end up doing.

An after-thought....the beef at Las Brochetas has always been superbly prepared, whether as the kebob, or the steaks. What they do I don't know, but I imagine some fairly extensive marinating or tenderizing, and equally careful cooking.

Edited: 6:44 pm, April 07, 2013
Puerto Vallarta...
27. Re: Eggs....

i live in mexico and have never seen a dandelion anywhere

Edmonton, Canada
reviews: 11
28. Re: Eggs....

I've had good beef and bad beef in Mazatlan but in general I don't choose beef to eat unless it's at someones barbecue party at home.

In Mazatlan I prefer seafood and chicken.

Dandelions and marigolds. They look the same to me. LOL

29. Re: Eggs....

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, April 10, 2014