We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Seafarer?

Which Mazatlan hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Illinois
reviews: 400
Seafarer?

Just wondering if anyone has been to this resturant and what you thought? Price points, menu items, location and is it dressy or casual. We have been to Mazatlan ten times and would like to try some new places. Willing to go just about anywhere via public transportaton.

Thanks

Mazatlan, Mexico
reviews: 7
1. Re: Seafarer?

We have eaten at the Sea Farer many times. It has really nice ambiance and some nights there is some live music. Dress is casual like anywhere in Mazatlan but when we go with friends we usually dress up a little. Their menu is similiar to Topolos, not quite as good but still worth a visit. I like their Orange Brandy Shrimp and Pork Shank. They also have duck on the menu I believe. And of course a catch of the day etc etc. Its a little off the beaten path, meaning you don't know it is there. It is in the Costa Bonita Marina condos.

Illinois
2. Re: Seafarer?

Thank You!

Calgary, Alberta
reviews: 25
3. Re: Seafarer?

Hi J-W,

We are right across the street from the Seafarer and we took a walk through the restaurant area this afternoon. I took a look at their menu and it looked quite good to me. Price wise it was more expensive that some of the other restaurants in the Gold Zone but not exorbitant. I think if you're paying an average of $65.00 for dinner out you'll pay about $75.00 at the Seafarer depending on your meal choice. For us it's a no brainer since we'll save the cost of a cab to and from the Gold Zone. I've talked to other guests where we are staying and they all say the place is great. We are going to try it this evening.

Illinois
4. Re: Seafarer?

Thanks, hope you enjoyed your meal at the Sea Farer.

Calgary, Alberta
5. Re: Seafarer?

Hi J-W,

Yes we did. I had the Sirloin and my wife had the Coconut Shrimp. With drinks the damage was about $60.00 plus the tip. The food was fine and the service was great. We'll go back.

Illinois
6. Re: Seafarer?

Thanks so much K-Man60. Think we will give it a try. We will be at the El CID Marina for two weeks beginning the 9th of April. This is our tenth trip to Maz and we are looking for some new places for dinner.

Calgary, Alberta
7. Re: Seafarer?

J-W,

I see you are staying at El Cid Marina. That's a great place. Lovely grounds and of course the marina itself. Do you know how to get to the Seafarer from the El Cid Marina? You can take the water taxi across the marina channel and there is a walkway to the left. This walkway veers to the right and goes toward the La Marina Yacht and Tennis Club (a white building with blue balconies). There is a road to the right with sand dunes on the right hand side that leads to a security gate. Go through the gate and head straight up the street to the Marina Costa Bonita condominium complex on the right hand side. You can walk through the complex passed the swimming pool to the Sea Farer. Just tell the guard you are going to the restaurant. Total time from the water taxi to the restaurant is about 10 - 15 minutes.

Calgary, Alberta
8. Re: Seafarer?

Oh, I should mention that the last water taxi is at 6:45 p.m. If you are out past that you will need to catch the bus or take a pulmonia back to the El Cid Marina. You can usually catch a pulmonia right outside the Marina Costa Bonita. I see them all the time from our balcony at the Tiara Sands.

Illinois
9. Re: Seafarer?

Awesome, thanks so much.

Oxford
10. Re: Seafarer?

Our favorite fine dining restaurant in Maz. Oysters Rockefeller with fresh oysters. Their recipe for tortilla soup is fabulous. Every dish was great. Often live music. Great service. If you tire of looking at the fishing boats you can dine at Pedro y Lola's in town - same chef. Provecho.