Hey! I am a college student going with 4 others to Mazatlan this August (extremely hot I know but only time everyone can make it haha) and we're staying at my abuela's empty place at Villa Marina for 3 weeks. I've been to Maz before and stayed at the house for long periods of time as a kid but its been awhile and don't remember which buses to take or where to go. We are paying for utilities and other costs of the trip so we have a pretty tight budget. Most of us have intermediate level Spanish so asking won't be an issue but there are some practical things hopefully you can help me out with :)
1. How do you flag down a bus? How much are tickets? 3 pesos?
2. From Villa Marina/ Sabalo Cerritos Rd which bus to take to get to Mega, downtown, Fiesta Land, Old Town?
3. We're taking a Tefusa bus from Phoenix AZ to Mazatlan, any advice for traveling, safety, what to pack?
4. Also any reccommendations for some cheap fun things to do for a group of 19 year old students looking for a good time?
5. What to wear clubbing/bar hopping in Maz? pretty sure not that formal but just guessing :).
6. Our grocery budget for 5 people is 40 CDN a week, will that be enough? Planning on keeping it simple, mostly veggies, fruit, beans, etc. Is Mega or the mercado cheaper?
7. The Tefusa Maz bus depot is pparently at Road Int 1201 Ote Km north, facing Pacific Pearl Gas. I looked up PP Gas and its about a 30 min drive up to Villa Marina. There are 5 of us, each w probably one mid sized luggage bag. How much would a taxi cost, and how much should we tip?
Thank you so much for helping me out, you are awesome!