We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Taxi for 3 adults and 2 small children

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Mazatlan hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Vancouver, Canada
reviews: 71
Taxi for 3 adults and 2 small children

I have read earlier messages which recommended the little red trucks for a larger family but as our grandchildren are only ages 2 and 6, we are a bit worried about safety and I think we would prefer to take a taxi. Would this be possible with the 2 kids sitting on our laps?

I'm not talking about to and from the airport with luggage - we've got that covered but I'm referring to shorter jaunts around town.

What do you think?

Mazatlan
Destination Expert
for Mazatlan
reviews: 31
1. Re: Taxi for 3 adults and 2 small children

While I haven't noticed that arrangements in the little taxi's--I have seen more then that piled into pulmonias LOL

California
2. Re: Taxi for 3 adults and 2 small children

You should be OK, most taxi drivers would be fine with the kids on your lap. The red trucks are actually fine for safety, and can be a fun experience. If you do use one, just have the kids sit up near the back of the truck and away from the open end.

Vancouver, Canada
3. Re: Taxi for 3 adults and 2 small children

Thanks for your thoughts.

I'll have to twist my husband's arm re: taking the kids in the red trucks.

They do sound like fun.

Spokane, Washington
reviews: 55
4. Re: Taxi for 3 adults and 2 small children

I would encourage you to try it. It is one of the great experiences here in Mazatlan transportation. We've had grandchildren here with us and have never had any problems with auto safty. I would suggest like the above poster that both kids sit close to the back of the truck on the bench and then you and your husband sit next to them. There are bars on both sides. Once you do it, you'll see it is just fine. Enjoy your time in this beautiful city. There is a lot to do and see. My husband and I have lived here 5 years now and have not seen it all. There is an aquarium here that both children would enjoy. I hope you can take them there.

Vancouver, Canada
5. Re: Taxi for 3 adults and 2 small children

Our grandchildren and our daughter will be with us for just our first week so we plan on spending much of the time on the beach. However,I had already suggested to our daughter that a trip to the aquarium should be on our agenda and now you've confirmed that it would be good for both kids.

Thanks so much for the encouragement to try the red trucks.

6. Re: Taxi for 3 adults and 2 small children

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, February 25, 2014