We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

any update on Liverpool store?

Which Mazatlan hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Sudbury, ON
reviews: 19
any update on Liverpool store?

I can't seem to find any news online about the progress on building/opening the Liverpool store in the Marina area. Do any of the locals on this forum have the inside scoop?

Crandon, Wisconsin
11. Re: any update on Liverpool store?

It is beautiful. Beautiful furniture, clothes and a nice restaurant.

Illinois
reviews: 402
12. Re: any update on Liverpool store?

So did it open today?

Salishan OR
reviews: 32
13. Re: any update on Liverpool store?

Can anyone post some pictures?

Black Hawk
reviews: 1
14. Re: any update on Liverpool store?

We took a taxi out (and bus back) to the new Liverpool dept store out near the convention center. Very new, impressive building. Not a mall. One large two story dept store with just about anything you could want (laptops, clothes, TVs, washers/dryers, pets, tires, toys, furniture, etc). Very high quality... And I would say high priced. I think their market is middle to upper-middle class folk.

For some reason we like the La Gran Plaza and the various markets around town. But it was neat to trek out there and see how the city is expanding.

Edmonton, Canada
reviews: 4
15. Re: any update on Liverpool store?

I was at one of my condos checking stuff during my second week and while there, we had to wait to go down the stairs because two men were struggling with a HUGE box containing a washer and dryer set and the box was CLEARLY MARKED Liverpool.

So based on what I saw, it is open.

Edmonton, Canada
reviews: 103
16. Re: any update on Liverpool store?

Shocking that anyone is buying anything there. From my local friends I hear the prices are 10 times the prices of Gran Plaza or anywhere else! Seriously. But the rents there are also outrageous.

Edmonton, Canada
reviews: 4
17. Re: any update on Liverpool store?

You usually get what you pay for. It wouldn't have been built if there was no demand for it and there are thousands of very wealthy people that live in Mazatlan.

Seward,Alaska
Destination Expert
for Seward
reviews: 44
18. Re: any update on Liverpool store?

The pistachios I bought at Liverpool today didn't taste any different than Mega's that are 1/3rd the price. 1st and last visit for me.

Pasadena
reviews: 11
19. Re: any update on Liverpool store?

The Liverpool store in the Marina Mazatlan is spectacular.

Mazatlán
Destination Expert
for Mazatlan
reviews: 13
20. Re: any update on Liverpool store?

I agree! The service is great, and staff are well trained and know their product. What a nice change! We hit up the computer department, and were pleasantly surprised to find the Tablet we had been eyeing up, cheaper than anywhere else, including Sams Club, plus they gave a promotional gift worth $3000 pesos (courtesy of Samsung I imagine) along with the purchase. The salesman took his time, did a demonstration, answered lots of questions, helped find accessories, and didn't wander off to help other people, as often happens here. We were sold on this store for that reason alone.

The place was packed when we were there. The huge parking lot was nearly full, granted that was a Sunday, a big family shopping day here. They have a great gourmet section, import sections, etc. And as I posted in another thread, they also have a nice liquor section that is licensed to sell until 9 pm on Sundays. We will definitely go back when we are looking for something specific, and will keep tabs on their upcoming sales. Very upscale experience for Mazatlan, and it's location out near the new Colegios and the Convention Center should do well for them.