We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Paddle Boarding

Which Mazatlan hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Lacombe, AB,
Paddle Boarding

Hello,

I was wondering if anyone knew of a place where you can rent some paddle boards? We are staying at the El Cid Castilla, not sure if they have them for rent at the Aqua Sports place.

Can you rent them for the week? / day? Any info would be greatly appriciated.

Thank you LB

La Mesa ca
reviews: 1
1. Re: Paddle Boarding

I didnt ck with Them last year but as of 2011 Agua sports was renting out some "private owned " paddle boards at a steep price.. I asked Raul why so much and he said his hands were tied because the board owners required he pay them for each rental.

I think it would be a blast to paddle board in that area. Maybe they have or will purchase some of thier own boards to rent at a reasonable price. Its a Large investment for them considering the slow economy

If you want a rental for more than an Hour or too I would ck out the local surf shops

Edited: 10:48 am, January 24, 2013
Lacombe, AB,
2. Re: Paddle Boarding

Hey thanks for the info,

I know there was a surf shop just a few doors north of the DQ a few years ago, but the last few times I've been down I don't recall seeing it.

If you had any shops in mind, and location, like I mentioned we are staying at El Cid Castilla and the closer the better but I can't think of any shops that close my self.

I know I put down a week / day rental, I just figured it would be nice to go out early in the morning, so I thought I would probably need it the night before at least, would only be going for a hour or so.

Thanks again for the info. Hopefully Aqua sports have picked a few up.

La Mesa ca
reviews: 1
3. Re: Paddle Boarding

After reading the Posts on Agua Sports Trip advisor page it has some recent reviews of people renting SUP boards with some Pics. I will send a Facebook messege to my friend Raul who is 1 of the managers at Agua sports and see if I can get some more info for you.

As far as surfshops I have wandered in and out of 1 in the GZ but I dont remember much about it. Sun + Pacifico = memory loss sorry.

Surf camps in the mazatlan area have a strong hold on activities around the best Sinaloa breaks so I think there arent as many surf related shops other than clothing and a few boards as in other beach resorts.

Lacombe, AB,
4. Re: Paddle Boarding

Hey onepalmbarrel,

I don't know why I didn't go look there before, but thank you so much for taking a look, that is what i'm looking for, looks like a blast, We have never tried it before but look forward to giving it a try, hopefully we will be able to work out a deal to go early in the morning, and that the price is not to outragous.

Thanks so much for the info, I look forward to hearing what you find out.

It's still over two months before we are back but I cant wait to be back on the beach, Sun + Pacifico, always a great combo

LB

California
5. Re: Paddle Boarding

The surf shop by the Dairy Queen closed about a year ago or so ago. I'm not aware of any surf shops remaining who rent out paddle boards. They are very expensive....especially in Mexico, and the cost / return factor is difficult.

Agua Sports in front of El Cid Castilla now has purchased their own paddle boards for rentals. The have five of them in different configurations, based on the weight / experience of the user.

The cost is $40. per hour, however the smart play is to book off their web site and receive a 15% discount. (That system of getting a discount also can also be used for parasailing).

The address for the web site is below, and you can also reach them on Facebook.

www.aquasportscenter.com

Edited: 5:19 pm, January 24, 2013
6. Re: Paddle Boarding

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:19 am, January 26, 2014