We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

st. patricks day in maz.

Which Mazatlan hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Regina, Canada
st. patricks day in maz.

My wife and I (moonbeam)are going to be in mazatlan over st paddys day this year.We were wondering if anyone else will be there at the same time and maybe want to meet up! We were were hoping to get a few ppl together and get a bit of a st paddys day party/pubcrawl going.

Mazatlan, Mexico
reviews: 52
1. Re: st. patricks day in maz.

Sounds great. I know I'll be going out for it and I'll bring any and all guest staying at my hostel that want to come too.

And I can think of about 4 other expats living there that will be up for it too :-)

Bring some fun props.

Regina, Canada
2. Re: st. patricks day in maz.

Definatly. We will have to pick an approx time and spot for anyone wanting to join in to meet to starg and go fromthere!

Mazatlan, Mexico
reviews: 52
3. Re: st. patricks day in maz.

So I've sent out some links to this forum to the cool expats I have met in Maz so hopefully they jump on and start posting ideas.

Not sure if Im the newest expat or not and I don't really have any favorite bars there yet. But I think everyone should post their favorite places and when we get it all sorted I or someone else can go around to the different bars and organize us drink specials for our group of ?? people that want to come in to their bar during our bar crawl. And I'm not talking 2 beers for the price of one at the ripoff 35 pesos a beer fake happy hour pricing many places try to pass off as a good deal. lol Thats just charging double the price and telling you a free one comes with it. Cheeky Mexicans :-)

But I've heard "its very much a non holiday day here" so I think this will be our best bet to organize it in advance. More of a group and set bar route with much better prices then what their normal day would offer.

Think we can also organize one of the red truck taxis to drive us around for hours at a great rate.

So Maz experts and expats please join in and offer up some suggestions and ideas.

Thanks and Blue Skies everyone.

Regina, Canada
4. Re: st. patricks day in maz.

we were there for st paddys back in 2010 and it didnt seem to be a big big deal at different places but you know all it takes is a group to get into it and others will too. it ended up being a blast. we carried green food coloring to give to the bartenders wherever we went so they could offer the traditional green beer to thier customers for the rest of the day . as well we had all the props lol. it was pretty fun.

Mazatlan, Mexico
reviews: 3
5. Re: st. patricks day in maz.

Hey all!

I think a pub crawl is a great idea :-) One question though, do you think we should do it on the actual day...which I think is a Sunday...or should we do it on Saturday?

A few of the places that come to mind in the Golden Zone would be The Saloon and Yoopers. La Santera might be a good place to end the crawl if we make it down to Centro :-) And I think the red trucks are a great idea Salem!

Mazatlan, Mexico
reviews: 1
6. Re: st. patricks day in maz.

I would say the actual day. The places that usually have drink deals and food specials are Social, The Saloon, Christie's, Yoopers, Twisted Mamas, maybe Macaw's and Surf's Up, and they will all do it on the day itself. La Santera would be an excellent way to end. If they don't have any entertainment scheduled already, they could be convinced to do it!

wisconsin
7. Re: st. patricks day in maz.

Great idea! We have a group of 7 coming on the 16th. Staying in Centro. I think it should be on the day.

Mazatlan or...
reviews: 4
8. Re: st. patricks day in maz.

I think it is a great idea. Whoever gets it going I will be in or if you need help I will help.Getting a red truck is always a good idea.I do it now for a group of us for the motorcycle crapshoot.Being part Irish I am ready to drink beer.

Mazatlán
Destination Expert
for Mazatlan
reviews: 13
9. Re: st. patricks day in maz.

poolds is right. Those are all great places to have fun. For sure, Twisted Mama's throws a rockin' St. Paddy's party. Green is the theme, Irish music, the whole shamrock! :-)

Mazatlan, Mexico
reviews: 3
10. Re: st. patricks day in maz.

Ok, so most of the bars Poolds mentioned are all in the Golden Zone...we could just make this a walking pub crawl and stick in that area... I heard from a friend that some people are also organizing a party at Senor Frogs for St. Patty's. Since green is the theme, Frogs makes sense :) Maybe that could be where it ends?