We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bike Rental

Which Mazatlan hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Lake Minnewawa, mn
Bike Rental

From another Forum.

It is reported that a new bike rental place has opened on Olas Altas. It is beside the Hotel Belmar.

This sounds good to me for riding the Malecon and through some of the streets in Centro.

There was no price info posted so I am eagerly waiting to hear more.

calgary
reviews: 8
11. Re: Bike Rental

The bikes at Baikas bike rental are called "giant" These bikes are not the cheap bikes that you see at walmart or the other throw away ones that are available.

These ones are called Giant Simple and they sell in the US for $440 to $475.

Thats the difference in the type of bike you are renting.

Also the closeness to Malecon make it handy and safer than riding in traffic.

If you had ever ridden from the Kelleys bike rental out by the marina ,you will know it is not a pleasant ride to get to the Malecon and have a relaxing ride.

This is a good rental more for vacationers than snowbirds.It also is nice thing to do for an afternoon.

Enjoy your ride where ever you get it.

Mazatlan, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Mazatlan
12. Re: Bike Rental

I spoke with 4 tourists about 11 this morning on the rental bikes. They thought the price was more than fair. I told them there was a discussion about the price on Trip Adviaor and they told me in Vancouver they paid $20 PER HOUR.

Edmonton, Canada
13. Re: Bike Rental

They seem to been doing very well. I see a lot foreigners & Mexicans riding the rental bikes on the malecon everyday. So I guess the price is not an issue to many.

California
14. Re: Bike Rental

Roger is correct, the price as compared to other metropolitan tourist destinations isn't particularly unusual. About the same as some areas, and as in the case of Vancouver cheaper than others.

I'm not sure renters tend to look at sporting equipment in the same vein as buying. For example renting out golf clubs is very common for people who can't, or don't want to bring their own to Mazatlan.

If renting clubs were extrapolated out to a purchase price, that too would likely look very expensive. However that's not necessarily the point of renting sports equipment.

Someone in Mazatlan for the season who rides regularly might think purchasing a bike makes sense. I'm not thinking that person is really who Baikis' customer base is going to be.

Edited: 7:48 pm, January 22, 2013
calgary
15. Re: Bike Rental

How current are your rates for kelley's bike store .I see your book is updated 2006.Have you asked what their current rates are.

Mazatlan
Destination Expert
for Mazatlan
reviews: 29
16. Re: Bike Rental

The rates were current as of Nov.2012 when the latest edition of "Mazatlan IS Paradise" was published. However, if interested in today's rate let me know and I will check for you.

calgary
17. Re: Bike Rental

Sorry I could only find the 2006 edition online.Kelleys email does't seem to work.

Thanks

Mazatlan
Destination Expert
for Mazatlan
reviews: 29
18. Re: Bike Rental

Franco:

Sorry I didn't get back to you sooner. I tried to call for a couple days and could not get through. I drove out to Kelly's Bike shop on La Marina Drive and talked with the owner. The prices I stated in the book are still accurate (depending on the exchange rate). He emphasizes that he has some great trails for riding. I hope this helps.

Edmonton, Canada
reviews: 109
19. Re: Bike Rental

Mazexp - Just pre-ordered your book from Amazon Charles. Can't wait to see all the updates!

calgary
20. Re: Bike Rental

Thanks

I'm not a trail rider so I"ll probably just rent one at Baikas in Olas Altas and ride the Malecon.

Thanks for your time.

Your book "Mazatlan IS Paradise" sounds like a good resource.You seem to be on top of it with your updates.

Thanks again

Franco