We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bike Rental

Which Mazatlan hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Lake Minnewawa, mn
Bike Rental

From another Forum.

It is reported that a new bike rental place has opened on Olas Altas. It is beside the Hotel Belmar.

This sounds good to me for riding the Malecon and through some of the streets in Centro.

There was no price info posted so I am eagerly waiting to hear more.

calgary
reviews: 8
1. Re: Bike Rental

The place beside Belmar hotel is called Baikas bike rentals and I was there last week .We rented 2 bikes with 3 speeds and my wifes bike had a basketfor her bag ,Rental is $70 peso per hr or $200 pesos for 1/2 day or $300 pesos per day.

There phone number is 910-1999

They had about 15 or 20 new bikes including kids bike and one had a trailer and one had a kids seat on the back .The bikes are "giant brand" so they are good bikes.

Mazatlan, Mexico
reviews: 52
2. Re: Bike Rental

Wow 300 pesos for a day. You would pay for a bike with 4 full day rentals.

Does anyone else have any info on other bike rental places.

You can rent cars for cheaper in Mazatlan then a bike.

Edmonton, Canada
3. Re: Bike Rental

Ya!!! I bought a bike last year for 1400 pesos, with the idea that if I couldn"t find a storage place, I would donate it to the orphanage. I am using it again this year.

Lake Minnewawa, mn
4. Re: Bike Rental

That was disappointing to see those prices.

If we want to ride I guess the free ones on Sunday morning will have to do.

Mazatlan, Mexico
5. Re: Bike Rental

I'll try to pick up a bunch in March ish from Texas for the hostel. Maybe it will work out that I can rent them out too.

But I would like to hear from others about alternative bike rental places and their prices.

Anyone?

Shoreline...
reviews: 16
6. Re: Bike Rental

I don't know that I'd want to be riding a bicycle in Mazatlan traffic :) That is a bummer on the $$$. I'd ask my housekeeper if she knew a kid that wanted to rent their bike to me instead. After I figured out how to say it in Spanish :)

Mazatlan, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Mazatlan
7. Re: Bike Rental

There was a Kelly's but they WERE in the gold zone, then I heard moved ot by the marina, but inland a ways. I never did see prices. I don't think the prices for the one in centro are out of line. Have you ever seen the way people treat rentals? And I have seen the bikes and they are new and pretty nice and I was told the seats are comfortable.

Mazatlan, Mexico
8. Re: Bike Rental

falconroger I just red in your post that you think $24 USD a day for a bike is not out of line.

1/4 or 1/5 of the total price to buy the bike new is ok for a one day rental? Well it looks like I'm in the wrong business.

I rented a car from the National car rental at the airport for $7 US a day. and in the US a car is $20 ish a day. Asia rents scooters for $5 USD a day. Tell me again how $24 US is not out of line.

I strongly disagree. But your initialed to your opinion and you can spend your money any way you want to.

Mazatlan, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Mazatlan
9. Re: Bike Rental

You can rent a $250,000 house for $2,000 a month too. But that house is not likely to disapear in a day. To me it is less a factor of the rental cost as a percentage of the purchase price, and more about "Is it affordable?" I consider $6 an hour or $25 a day to be affordable.

Dining out tends to be more expensive then makeing it at home, but a LOT of people like to dine out, don't they. The person, who ever it is, who is renting out the bikes has to cover A. The cost of buying new bikes. B. The cost of repairs. And the BIG one C. Rent, utility's and overhead of a business. And oh yea, hopefully a profit.

Mazatlan
Destination Expert
for Mazatlan
reviews: 29
10. Re: Bike Rental

From my book, "Mazatlan IS Paradise:"

Biking: Kelly’s Bike Shop is located in Colonia La Marina. Service includes bike rentals, sales and repair. Prices for mountain bike rentals are $3.50 U.S. per hour, and $15.50 U.S. per day. They have a three- to four-hour guided tour in the hills for $30 U.S. Operating hours are from 10 A.M.-2 P.M. and 4:30-8:00 P.M., Monday through Saturday. You can contact them by telephone at 914-1187 or by e-mail, kellysbike@hotmail.com.

Hope this helps.