We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

El Cid Marina - Entertainment?

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Mazatlan hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
ontario
reviews: 23
El Cid Marina - Entertainment?

Can't seem to find any info on the forum regarding entertainment at this resort.

Do they have (live) music in the evenings?

Is there an animation team during the day for adult activities? Is there beach volleyball at the beach you shuttle over to? Can you eat/drink over at the beach you are shuttled too?

Are there nightly shows at this hotel or what do most do in the evenings if you stay at the hotel?

Thank you for any answers (-:

Edmonton, Canada
reviews: 7
1. Re: El Cid Marina - Entertainment?

They have live entertainment in the dining room every evening and once a week they have Karaoke outside the bar underneath the restaurant. The entertainment is by Martin. He's a Mexican singer with a good voice.

There is an animation team there but I don't know if they cater to adults or children.

Yes, you can eat and drink on the beach that you are shuttled to.

That's all I know about La Marina

wa state
reviews: 3
2. Re: El Cid Marina - Entertainment?

Most resorts have some sort of entertainment; Mexican Fiestas, karaoke, games around the poll ect.

If you stay at the resort & do not venture out a noght or two you have missd the magic of Mazatlan, There are several bars with live music on weekends, dancing, ect that are very good & easily accessable from anywhere you may decide to stay.

Most don't really get hopping until 9-10 p.m. & are open until 3-4 in the morning.

I would not venture down to the Valentino complex & have employees that have tried to pad the bill too many times to return to Joes Oyster Bar.

Edited: 7:58 am, January 21, 2013
Mazatlan
Destination Expert
for Mazatlan
reviews: 29
3. Re: El Cid Marina - Entertainment?

Robert and Diane have karaoke there every Thursday from 7-11 PM. Happy hour prices.

Henderson, NV and...
reviews: 25
4. Re: El Cid Marina - Entertainment?

There are planned activities all during the day. I know there is pool volleyball but unsure of any beach activities. Bingo and blackjack tournaments are also for adults. They did have a movie night but it sometimes got canceled due to wind and cooler temps. You'll have plenty to do whether at El Cid or in Mazatlan. There is a shuttle that will take you to the other El Cid properties too.

Sudbury, ON
reviews: 21
5. Re: El Cid Marina - Entertainment?

If you are looking for resort-type entertainment, such as live music, animation 'teams' and beach activities, the El Cid Marina is not the best choice - any of the other El Cid locations in Mazatlan or other larger resorts in the Golden Zone or the Riu would be better. The El Cid Marina is gorgeous, but more sedate, with minimal planned activities - depending on how busy it is. When we stayed there last March it was relatively quiet (just what we wanted) with infrequent pool volleyball in the shallow heated pool, and some live music (maybe a guy on a keyboard or a Mexican quartet with upright bass, guitar, etc.) on seemingly random evenings in the main restaurant - other nights nothing. There typically aren't any 'activities' at the beach area - although there is drink service.

I would highly recommend staying there if you want to vegetate, unwind, de-stess, read quietly, watch slow-moving boats, etc. yet still remain within easy reach of the golden zone and touristy areas, but if you want to be entertained and be active, I would recommend somewhere else.

ontario
reviews: 23
6. Re: El Cid Marina - Entertainment?

thanks everyone!

7. Re: El Cid Marina - Entertainment?

They usually have beach volleyball open to anyone during the day, music or theater acts in the dining room at night, and different activities daily at the poolside.

8. Re: El Cid Marina - Entertainment?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:18 am, January 26, 2014