We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Parasailing

Which Mazatlan hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Saint Cloud...
Parasailing

I admit I've been to Maz 10 times at least and have never gone parasailing. Where is it the safest, and what does it cost? Is it worth it?

San Francisco...
reviews: 68
31. Re: Parasailing

AguaMaz,

It absolutely was not you. Thank you so much for your nice response.

On this particular time the parasailer came down softly into the water, but the driver and the "rescue" boat did not go after the person until they got the boat issue figured out. The rider was in a life jacket and was safe just floating there, but was not the priority. It was kind of funny to watch, but I'm sure the rider was not so happy.

We watch the parasailers a lot and have only seen that once in over 30 years. Usually they do go right after the person at first chance. And usually there is no issue at all and the ride goes off without any issue whatsoever. I would feel safe doing it even after seeing a few near misses with buildings and this other experience.

Glendale, Arizona
reviews: 10
32. Re: Parasailing

>>It was kind of funny to watch, but I'm sure the rider was not so happy.<<

Especially if the rider had an expensive camera around his or her neck. LOL

California
33. Re: Parasailing

tony I know you were joking, however for those not familiar with parasailing the ground crew try to discourage people from taking up expensive cameras. Instead they suggest a friend on the ground take pictures instead.

The "splash" is so rare it's really not an issue. However people can and do get excited, and either forget to wrap the cord around their wrist or dislodge it while trying to get the perfect shot.

No one wants a unhappy customer. For the unfortunate person Richard mentioned who had the wet trip, a parasail crew will always try to make it right. A refund, or taking up a friend or family member in attendance at no charge...something along those lines.

Carson City, Nevada
reviews: 5
34. Re: Parasailing

I wasn't joking. The only reason i would go up is for the pics and that's why I haven't gone up to date. I have two cameras and losing one would cause me less grief than my newer one but it still sounds difficult. Oh well.

California
35. Re: Parasailing

Only the very careless who don't wrap their wrist cord securely risk the possibility of losing a camera. That beng said you can't blame anyone for being cautious with thier equipment.

I've seen many people go up with those disposable cameras. The photos wouldn't satisfy a camera buff, however they're not bad at all since the subject matter is so breath taking. Give it a shot, you might be surprised.

Edited: 4:42 pm, January 23, 2013
Carson City, Nevada
reviews: 5
36. Re: Parasailing

Yeah I've used those disposables. They don't meet my standards, especially when it's a shot of a lifetime. I'm gonna talk to the guys in front of El Cid in May and see what they think.

Shoreline...
reviews: 16
37. Re: Parasailing

I would never take my good cameras up, but I've got a waterproof elph sport that takes decent pics.

38. Re: Parasailing

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, January 25, 2014