We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

bull fights

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Mazatlan hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Montana
bull fights

will there be a bull fight during carnival

Mazatlán, Sin...
1. Re: bull fights

Though there USUALLY is, it hasn't been announced yet (and probably won't be until just a few DAYS before it happens.)

Lake Minnewawa, mn
2. Re: bull fights

The Carnaval Bullfight is announced for Feb. 11

mazmessenger.com/2013/…

Montana
3. Re: bull fights

Grascis cabanabob

Mazatlan, Mexico
reviews: 54
4. Re: bull fights

I've never been to one. Anyone want to fill me in on the experience? I'm not sure I'd enjoy it.

Thanks in advance.

Carson City, Nevada
reviews: 5
5. Re: bull fights

I wish I could be there to see it. It looks like the only time they do a bullfight anymore is during carnaval so maybe next year.

Mazatlan, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Mazatlan
reviews: 8
6. Re: bull fights

My wife just HAD to go. Once. She will never do it again I guarantee. Very bloody.

wa state
reviews: 3
7. Re: bull fights

6 of us went to a bull fight several years ago, we all agree we wish we hadn't gone, & will never go to one again.

Saskatoon, Canada
Destination Expert
for Riviera Maya
reviews: 29
8. Re: bull fights

My husband and I went to one about 15 years ago in Puerto Vallarta, four bulls in total were killed.

It did not bother me that much, I have to say.

but then again I was raised on a farm, have hunted, and also worked at an abbatoir/meat packing plant on the kill floor as a summer job one year. Believe me, the abbatoir was worse and the animals suffer more than at a bullfight.

Carson City, Nevada
reviews: 5
9. Re: bull fights

Ah at last an informed voice. Everyone else is obviously a vegan! LOL

I know the bullfights I saw in Spain they donated the meat to the poor and I'm sure that the Mexican bullfights don't waste the meat either. I consider it a beautiful part of the Spanish/Mexican culture. It's a classic battle of man against beast and the pagentry is something to behold. I also have toured more than one slaughterhouse and these animals are treated far better than common stock.

Edited: 12:40 pm, January 22, 2013
Saskatoon, Canada
Destination Expert
for Riviera Maya
reviews: 29
10. Re: bull fights

They also don't suffer for too long. After the second to last 'pic', the final spinal cord severing stab usually comes quite quickly.

Think of it as a slaughterhouse... but with more ritual.

yes, the meat is donated to the poor.Or at least that is what I have read.