We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Luna Palace verses Las Flores

Which Mazatlan hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
ann arbor
reviews: 8
Luna Palace verses Las Flores

Looking for big room with nice view ---would seem Luna Palace has nicer more interesting pool area---went through old posts and seems Las Flores is popular-----because of better location---what do they mean by that? Pool area doesnt look very interesting at Las Flores and its not rated as high on trip advisor?

Mazatlan
Destination Expert
for Mazatlan
reviews: 29
1. Re: Luna Palace verses Las Flores

I think by location we mean it in an area where there are several good restaurants and shopping--Pancho's is right next door. Also nice beach for swimming/walking.

ann arbor
reviews: 8
2. Re: Luna Palace verses Las Flores

does the location make it a better choice?

Ontario
reviews: 3
3. Re: Luna Palace verses Las Flores

Las Flores is in the original Golden Zone, and is certainly close to many attractions, However several restaurants have now located further north in the Luna Place area, which we prefer, but it is really a personal choice....I wouldn't say location is a major factor between the two.

Oh, and yes, the bus service makes this a non-issue IMHO.

Edited: 11:57 am, January 05, 2013
wa state
4. Re: Luna Palace verses Las Flores

Las Floris is a pretty large highrise on a very small piece of ground, the pool area is pretty small & it & the beach are over crowded most of the time. Of the two I would pick the Luna Palace.

B.C.Canada
Destination Expert
for Punta de Mita
reviews: 62
5. Re: Luna Palace verses Las Flores

Luna Palace was pretty old when we stayed there Years ago.. Has it had any update?

San Francisco...
reviews: 68
6. Re: Luna Palace verses Las Flores

It had an update a few years ago. We stopped by to look at a couple rooms. The nicer rooms seemed to have the worst views though.

Ontario
7. Re: Luna Palace verses Las Flores

I'm not sure of all the details, and others may chime in here, but Luna Palace and Oceana Palace are both under the same ownership. I believe Luna Palace has been upgraded over the last two or three years - certainly what we have seen look just fine - and I believe Oceana is now undergoing the same.

Atlanta, Georgia
reviews: 18
8. Re: Luna Palace verses Las Flores

Luna Palace received a nice (and needed) paint job in 2010. Looks pretty good. Can't comment on room updates.

Calgary, Alberta
reviews: 28
9. Re: Luna Palace verses Las Flores

Neils is correct. The L.P. has been upgraded over the last 2-3 years. Large suites, new beds, televisions, bathroom upgrades, etc. We stayed there in March 2012 and it was just fine. Very clean and a great staff. My only concern is the L.P. only has 1 elevator and they had issues with it for a while. Other than that it was a great stay.

chicago
reviews: 5
10. Re: Luna Palace verses Las Flores

I just got back yesterday from 2 weeks at the Luna Palace. I 've been going there @ xmas time for 10 years. The rooms are very big, epecially the 2 bedroom. Well, it's actually a private bedroom, then 2 more beds in the main area. Every room has an ocean view. The kitchens have a good size counter, but there are only 2 small cook-top burners, no stove. Beautiful beach, great views, small hotel. Only 70 rooms so not crowded at pool. Great restaurants and OXXO within walking distance. Or, hop the cheap bus to get anywhere you want.