We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Am I Sick?

Which Mazatlan hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Illinois
reviews: 346
Am I Sick?

We are going to Hawaii for three weeks beginning January 26th. However, I am more excited about our return to Mazatlan in April. Instead a looking at the latest posts on our destinations in Hawaii, I keep finding myself on the Mazatlan site. One of my friends told me that I was sick. But you know, she has never been to Mazatlan.

Mazatlán, Sin...
1. Re: Am I Sick?

You are NOT sick! I owned a condo in Hawaii (outright, not timeshare), and after living a Mazatlán a few years I sold it (got a good price too), as I decided that Mazatlán was a much better place to live or visit than Hawaii (Maui).

California
2. Re: Am I Sick?

I've been to Hawaii extensively and surfed all over Maui, Oahu, Kauai, and the big Island. My best friend moved to Kauai some years ago and has a beach front house we can stay in. However we never go anymore.

The experience of Mexico, and Mazatlan in particular, is very unique and different from Hawaii. Moreover the cost differential can be significant, and again this is especially true for Mazatlan. There's nothing wrong with recognizing two really good choices, and simply preferring one over the other.

Edited: 9:22 am, January 05, 2013
Ontario, Canada
reviews: 7
3. Re: Am I Sick?

I think I have the same sickness! It must be contagious! I was in Cancun a few weeks ago and compared everything to Maz and Maz won out in every category hands down! Have been to Hawaii and while it is beautiful, it just isn't Maz. I don't care if this sickness lasts a while; I hope to pass it along!

wa state
reviews: 3
4. Re: Am I Sick?

J W,

Like you I find myself on this thread regardless of where we may be vacationing.

We've been to Hawaii & wouldn't go back if they gave me the big island lock, stock, & barrel.

The only place we have found comparable to Maz. is Zihuatanejo, friendly people, clean, nice little fishing village that was not made to attract tourists.

Illinois
reviews: 346
5. Re: Am I Sick?

Totally agree with all of you. We have been to many places in the Caribbean, all over Mexico and now going to Hawaii. So for nothing compares to Mazatlanas far as the total package. Glad to know that others have the same illness!

6. Re: Am I Sick?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:22 am, January 07, 2014