We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

best and safest beach to swim?

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Mazatlan hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
ann arbor
Level Contributor
273 posts
8 reviews
best and safest beach to swim?

what hotel sits on the safest beach for swimming and would have the best oceanfront rooms as well---thanks

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
1,447 posts
19 reviews
1. Re: best and safest beach to swim?

My opinion. Pueblo Bonito ... in town.

Clean. Easy walk out and moderate wave action. You'll not get beat up and knocked around.by surf. Not deserted area either so there are others around .

Hotel rooms all ivew ocean. Higher rooms have better views above trees.

Edited: 12:47 pm, January 11, 2013
Morris, Illinois
Level Contributor
639 posts
18 reviews
2. Re: best and safest beach to swim?

I would think that every hotel/resort in the Golden Zone from the Ramada to PB Maz would fill your requirements. You may have to pay a little extra for an ocean front room but I'll guarantee it will be worth it. If I were you I would use one of CabanaBob's maps of the GZ, read the TA reviews about the hotels that interest you, then make an informed decision based on your interests. Everyone has their favorite places and you should get to "discover" your own.

Arkansas
Level Contributor
576 posts
41 reviews
3. Re: best and safest beach to swim?

Because of the slope of the beach I would say it has to PNMaz. It covers a large area and gives you plenty of room to swim. All rooms have ocean view. Go to the upper floors to get above trees.

California
Level Contributor
2,292 posts
4. Re: best and safest beach to swim?

This question was inadvertently asked twice, and the other version had quite a few responses that might help people with questions about swimming in Mazatlan.

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g150792-i257-k6007…

5. Re: best and safest beach to swim?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:19 am, January 13, 2014