We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Vegan in Mazatlan

Which Mazatlan hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Victoria, Canada
reviews: 1
Vegan in Mazatlan

We're staying at the Playa Mazatlan later this month. All inclusive, so I know there should be lots of food choices for me. I hope. But wondered if there were any other vegans on this forum that might offer some suggestions of places to eat.

Mazatlan
Destination Expert
for Mazatlan
reviews: 29
1. Re: Vegan in Mazatlan

Puravida is a healthy, natural foods place that specializes in natural fruit juices that are not watered down. They also have a vegetarian menu. It is located about a block from the Playa Mazatlan. As you exit the resort onto the street, turn right and the first street on the left is Bugamvilias. Go east on that street about a block and it is on the right.

California
2. Re: Vegan in Mazatlan

I'm not vegan, but often eat with people who are and do rely on a strict healthy diet myself. As a dedicated regular, I can highly recommend Pura Vida (pure life) as a wonderful place for vegans to eat. In the morning or a light lunch I like the (ensalada fruta), which is fresh cut fruit in a bowl with plain yogurt and sprinkled with the in house granola mix.

They also have very good salad choices (ensalada), with the Caesar being my personal favorite and they don't prepare the dressing in the traditional way with anchovies. There are lots of snack and drink options such as fresh smoothies, special breads like date nut or pumpkin, and the granola mix packaged to go.

They'll probably offer you a menu in English or if not just say....menu ingles (pronounced men-oo in-gless). I'm confident you'll be very pleased with the trendy atmosphere, clean surroundings, and excellent dining choices.

Mazexp's directions are very good. That first street is only about 200 feet down after you turn right onto the main street out of the resort. Don't worry about your heading as it's a T intersection. You'll be walking along the wall for Playa Mazatlan, and can only go to the left (east).

You'll walk on the right side of the street past a small complex of low rise condos painted white with red tile roofs. At the end of the complex Pura Vida is right there with a slight inclined sidewalk up to their double glass doors.

Have a great trip !

Victoria, Canada
reviews: 1
3. Re: Vegan in Mazatlan

Thank you!

4. Re: Vegan in Mazatlan

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:17 pm, January 06, 2014