We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Flew in yesterday.....

Which Mazatlan hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Ontario
reviews: 3
Flew in yesterday.....

Nice to see TA is much busier recently....hopefully a sign of more visitors. Our first impressions are of more people around, but it is still right after New Years, so it's hard to judge.

Travelled via Mexico City this time...as many have noted, the options are getting much less, and much pricier. For the first time in nine years, we hit major turbulence over the mountains on the descent into Maz, and it was heavily overcast. However, everything is much greener than we have seen.

Even though we were on a quiet domestic flight, the sharks were still at the airport, two of them before the exit to the main public area. Still very intimidating and misleading to new visitors, but I suppose they pay the airport a good fee to earn their right to annoy and mislead people.

Good taxi driver...they do exist!...and the rates are as currently posted on here.

This morning, thanks to a few helpful people on here, we got our shrimp from the guy in front of PBMaz, saw Henry the hatman and the limpy guy walking the beach, the pelicans are flying, and the wireless internet is strong, fast and free! So things are falling into place just fine again!

When I get my act together, family insist I re-introduce my blog....sorry about that.

Carson City, Nevada
reviews: 5
1. Re: Flew in yesterday.....

I'm looking forward to the blog Neils and enjoy your stay.

Ontario, Canada
reviews: 7
2. Re: Flew in yesterday.....

I too enjoy your blog...especially until we set foot on Maz's soil in mid February! Please post the link once you get started. I'm a Maz info junkie!

Arkansas
reviews: 37
3. Re: Flew in yesterday.....

Love ;your report. Isnn't this earlier for you ? Glad to hear Henry is still around. I think he know everyone who has ever visited Maz. Keep us informed.

Canada
reviews: 6
4. Re: Flew in yesterday.....

Great to hear from you Neils. Look forward to your stories!

Houston, Texas
reviews: 75
5. Re: Flew in yesterday.....

Great report, neils! Looking forward to your blog again, also.

Saskatoon, Canada
reviews: 100
6. Re: Flew in yesterday.....

Thanks, will live by blog till we can get there ourselves! Enjoy.

Toronto
reviews: 10
7. Re: Flew in yesterday.....

Sharks at the airport? Please elaborate? are they the ones offering to take your baggage for tip or something worse?

Ontario
reviews: 3
8. Re: Flew in yesterday.....

They are very friendly people who will offer to find a hotel for you, find a cab for, find a shuttle for, do almost anything for you because they want to get you to attend one of those interminable time-share presentations. And no, I haven't seen fins or teeth on them.....yet!

Wish It, Was A...
9. Re: Flew in yesterday.....

Glad you are back in service for all of us land locked folks, Neil!

Looking so forward to your blog once again!!

Cheers,

MazBeachLover

Toronto
reviews: 10
10. Re: Flew in yesterday.....

haha thanks Neils I will be on the look out!!

3days and counting!