We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Venados is play-offs!

Which Mazatlan hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Mazatlan
Destination Expert
for Mazatlan
reviews: 29
Venados is play-offs!

For you baseball fans that will be in town this week, the Venados finished the second have of the season at .500 and a third place finish so qualified--on the last day. They will be playing Mexicali. Which days I'm not sure, however will let you know as news breaks...

Lake Minnewawa, mn
1. Re: Venados is play-offs!

The first play-off game is now posted on the Venados website.

It will be in Mexicali on Wednesday Jan. 2.

Here is the Venados link where you may check for home games.

http://www.venadosdemazatlan.com/index.html

Atlanta, Georgia
reviews: 18
2. Re: Venados is play-offs!

Go Venados! We have been to Venados games during trips to Maz for some 10 years now. The trips are arranged by Eduardo of Pueblo Bonito (He is one of the Venados #1 fans) Hope they do well. It has been a drought of a few years.

Saint Cloud...
3. Re: Venados is play-offs!

I am a "fan" or "friend" of the venados on Facebook and they give updates on scores during each game. They also post pics of the community service and outreach they do. I would recommend "liking" their Facebook page. Helps to learn a little espanol too.

California
4. Re: Venados is play-offs!

Wow, the Venados started off the season terrible, weren't they in last place at one time? In any cast that was a big second half comeback !

Mazatlan
Destination Expert
for Mazatlan
5. Re: Venados is play-offs!

Yes, they finished last in the first half and tied for third in the second half for a season combined placement of 5th place out of 8. Mexicali is the 2nd seeded team. Go Venadaos--first home game, Sunday, Jan.5 at 6 PM.

Mazatlan or...
reviews: 4
6. Re: Venados is play-offs!

The first home game is Friday the 4th of Jan

Mazatlan
Destination Expert
for Mazatlan
7. Re: Venados is play-offs!

I made a mistake--according to the Venados site, the first two games are in Mexicali on Jan.2 and 3rd, (Weds/Thurs)--then usually a travel day on Friday and the first game in Mazatlan SAT. Jan.5 (not sunday). Sorry...

Canada
reviews: 6
8. Re: Venados is play-offs!

I went to a playoff game a few years back it was fun! I enjoy the game. Locals like the games too it seemed that everyone was watching the games.

Edmonton, Canada
reviews: 106
9. Re: Venados is play-offs!

One of our favorite nights of this trip was going to the Venados game. Tons of fun! Great food! Great atmosphere. Boy they got us all excited in the 8th inning with a bit of a come back but couldn't hold onto it and unfortunately lost but a really fun time!

Mazatlan
Destination Expert
for Mazatlan
10. Re: Venados is play-offs!

Sadly they lost the first game of the play-offs to Mexicali, 7-3. They play in Mexicali again tonight.