We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

need help finding an active resort

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Mazatlan hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Wisconsin
reviews: 6
need help finding an active resort

We are not kids, but love to dance and party. Would like to have a resort that is very active both day and evenings. Would like the usual nightly show and then a disco type place that actually has people in it Would be great if they played some music for us older folks, at least to begin with or took requests. Must be at least a 4 star or above, all inclusive, would be nice if it was adults only, and can be almost anywhere in Mexico. Would prefer to stay away from Cancun and Riviera Maya because I have been there numerous times and would like to try something different. Would like to go anytime from the end of January to the middle of March. Price should not exceed $3,600 for two. Since I have trouble finding this location again, please also reply to sandygetsjunk@yahoo.com

Saskatoon, Canada
reviews: 109
1. Re: need help finding an active resort

Wow

Edmonton, Canada
reviews: 11
2. Re: need help finding an active resort

I don't think ANY resort in Mazatlan is Adults only. I could be wrong and probably am and apart from the Pueblo Bonito Emerald Bay there are few 4 star resorts. Even if they were ALL 4 or 5 star....the standard in Mazatlan is different to the standard elsewhere.

Regular visitors don't care though. The resorts to most of the people that post here are just places to sleep and relax.

How on earth can you expect to get a resort with all the amenities you specify for SIX weeks for $3500?

Well....Good Luck and I hope you find what you are looking for.

California
3. Re: need help finding an active resort

Sannidee Mazatlan is a terrific place, and there are certainly places that would meed your expectations for fun. That being said I have a couple of suggestions. Firstly partying in the same place you're staying isn't going to work in all likely hood.

As mentioned most of the resorts are set up to be quiet at night. Then there's the cost factor. If I read your post correctly you're expecting a 4 star level of resort for two, and food included at $300. a week? I don't mean to be discouraging, but I'm not sure there's any place like that.

Not to doubt you, but we found Cancun rather expensive and more in the Hawaii price range. Were you able to find something there all inclusive there for $300. a week?

Wisconsin
reviews: 6
4. Re: need help finding an active resort

Oh my, 6 weeks! No, one week anytime from February thru mid March. I guess I really caused a lot of confusion. Sorry. I should just stay away from posting anything.

Arkansas
reviews: 38
5. Re: need help finding an active resort

Go to Maz. and enjoy. Stay at any of the 4-5stars but don't take the all Incl. Go to a new place each night to try all the good food and entertainment at each. read all about Maz. and pick what suits you. There is alot to choose from.

Saskatoon, Canada
reviews: 109
6. Re: need help finding an active resort

No. Please keep posting. Sorry if I sounded rude when I said Wow, just surprised.Hope you can meet your needs.

Mazatlan, Mexico
reviews: 7
7. Re: need help finding an active resort

The only one I can think of that would be close to your expectations would be the RIU. They are a 4-5 star and all inclusive. Its a new hotel. I'm not sure on the entertainment, but I'm sure they have shows and discos. They have an adult only pool I think. Good luck.

Edmonton, Canada
reviews: 11
8. Re: need help finding an active resort

Sandiee,

I'm sorry I didn't read your post thoroughly. Re reading it, I realised that you didn't say you needed it for 6 weeks.

The Riu and the Castilla would fulfill your needs. Senor Frogs is on the ground level of the Castilla but it isn't affiliated with the resort.

They have nightly shows at the Castilla but both of these resorts cater to LOTS of kids during the day.

Adult only, is the problem you'll run into.

JoLee is the expert here on the Riu. She's been there numerous times and she loves it.

California
9. Re: need help finding an active resort

OK one week then....;^) I too misread your post, sorry about that.

Based on your expectations I think you'd love Mazatlan. However I do agree strongly with sunfunme about not going all inclusive. Maz has by far the best selection of private restaurants in the Mexican Riveria, along with the best prices on food. Remember you're talking about a good sized city, not just a made for tourists thing like Cancun, Ixtapa, or Cabo. That allows for many upscale locals to keep the great restaurants going.

Frankly you'd be doing yourselves a disservice on all inclusive. Firstly because prices are so reasonable in Maz that it really doesn't save much, if anything, on expenses. Far worse you'd be missing out on some incredible meals. Check out some of the reviews and you'll find lots of terrific options for a lot of different kinds of food.

You'll also find many options for entertainment and dancing, but again you really want to sample around to get the best. Senor Frog's is a great, great place for dancing. Some nights Diego's has good dancing music, and other great listening music. There is also Joe's Oyster Bar with great music and dancing. I'm sure others can add more ideas.

While you didn't inquire about it, we should talk about Mazatlan's great beaches, and a wonderful old town area that is unmatched on the Pacific Coast. If you do visit Mazatlan, I think at the least you won't regret having tried it. It is by far the best place on the West Coast of Mexico for a combination of Old World charm, good beaches, great food, and entertainment choices.

Edited: 2:33 pm, December 31, 2012
saskatchewan
10. Re: need help finding an active resort

For 3600 bucks per week you could have a ton of fun in maz . Some places you could get a month for half of that. Then have fun on the rest.