We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pueblo bonito emerald bay mazatlan villas?

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Mazatlan hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Pueblo bonito emerald bay mazatlan villas?

We are under the impression we have a 3 bedroom three and a half bathroom villa can anyone comment on them, any info is appreciated. How far to the beach! Thank you

21 replies to this topic
Edmonton, Canada
reviews: 7
1. Re: Pueblo bonito emerald bay mazatlan villas?

They are great.

They are little houses with their own pool in the back ( each villa has it's own pool ) From what I remember they are quite far from the beach but it's a huge resort. I've only been in one villa and it was across the street from the gym if that helps. Perhaps there is an online map of the property somewhere. My friends that had a timeshare at El Cid bought 2 weeks in a villa over there and since then I've never seen them at the El Cid.

wa state
reviews: 3
2. Re: Pueblo bonito emerald bay mazatlan villas?

Gillian,

You probably won't see them back at El Cid, The villas at Pueblo Bonito are very nice we have been in them a couple times & will probably be staying in one for 10 -12 days spring of 2014.

Private grounds, deck, & pool, very quiet & secluded.

The one we were in had three bedrooms upstairs, each with it's own bath & patio, the master bedroom was a lot larger than the other two as was it's bath which had a whirlpool bath in it the other two did not.

Kitchen & living area downstairs with very nice appliances & cooking facilities & settings for 10 there was a full bath downstairs along with an area to shake / wash the sand or ?? off before you entered the main room along with a washer & drier .

BBQ on the deck & lots of room to enjoy a dinner or drinks.

They are built next the the "golf course" & away from the beach so are very warm / hot in the afternoon I think they have shuttle service to the beach which is not really a long walk but maybe farther than some may like.

These are very nice villas well laid out, anyone using them will have a very enjoyable time I am sure.

Edited: 10:24 am, December 30, 2012
3. Re: Pueblo bonito emerald bay mazatlan villas?

Thank you for the information.

Mazatlan
Destination Expert
for Mazatlan
reviews: 29
4. Re: Pueblo bonito emerald bay mazatlan villas?

What did you mean by " golf course?"

Ontario
5. Re: Pueblo bonito emerald bay mazatlan villas?

For the last two or three years we have seen a plan of developments up at PB Emerald Bay on a board by the pool area at PBMaz. I remember that there were a number of "villas" across the road adjacent to a "golf course" - all on the plan and it all looked very nice. I suppose some of the villas have come to fruition, not so much the golf course yet?

wa state
6. Re: Pueblo bonito emerald bay mazatlan villas?

Golf Course?

What neils said ---not much of a golf course, although it is & has been in the planning stage for quite some time. Unless something big has happened there recently.

We attended an owners informational breakfast at P.B.E.B. 5 years ago. The new golf course was the big event at the time & everybody that was anybody in the gold world would be flocking to P.B.E.B. to rent rooms from owners so they could golf on the new world class course LOL.

Edited: 6:57 pm, December 30, 2012
wa state
7. Re: Pueblo bonito emerald bay mazatlan villas?

Buff,

Just out of curiousity how did you get into one of the villas?

We have friends that own a 4 bdrm villa in the D.R. that can trade into the villas at P.B.E.B, they are planning to trade into there in the spring of 2014.

8. Re: Pueblo bonito emerald bay mazatlan villas?

Hi we are owners in pueblo bonito sunset beach.

Edmonton, Canada
reviews: 7
9. Re: Pueblo bonito emerald bay mazatlan villas?

Is it true that if you are in RCI you MUST stay at your home resort if you are in that city?

If I wanted to try Emerald Bay for example....would I be able to by doing a trade?

I waste so many points every year I'd gladly use all of them to try out Emerald Bay but in my RCI books it says I must stay at my home resort when in Mazatlan, so it appears that I can only stay at one of the 4 El Cids. I just thought of it when I got a mental image of the villa that my friends have there. I remember the towels. They were beautiful towels. Also the flooring was gorgeous. Very intricate mosaic tilework. BEAUTIFUL!!!!!

California
10. Re: Pueblo bonito emerald bay mazatlan villas?

I don't believe the rules on staying at your home resort are about RCI. They're a function of what each individual resort allows.

I'm no sure of the rules currently for Pueblo Bonito Maz, but at one time it was in very high demand. They did allow selected time shares in Mazalan to trade in, but only once every four years. I could be mistaken, however I don't believe PB Emerald Bay accepts any other Mazatlan time share owners trade in to that resort.

These policies make perfect sense when you consider the alternative. Otherwise what's to keep competitors from selling weeks to their resort, and telling potential customers "just pay us less, than trade into Emerald Bay."

Edited: 1:30 am, December 31, 2012
Reply to: Pueblo bonito emerald bay mazatlan villas?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted