We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Riu Review. Emerald Bay

Which Mazatlan hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
B.C.Canada
Destination Expert
for Punta de Mita
reviews: 62
Riu Review. Emerald Bay

My review is posted. Fantastic holiday. Loved the area.

Anyone see the two cute Weiner Dogs on the beach. Just south of the Riu? Getting buried in sand sculpture? So cute.

NO waiting for elevators at all !!!! Hard to believe what some people complain about..

California
11. Re: Riu Review. Emerald Bay

JoLee you may also see a blond lady who brings two Silky or Scotty type dogs down nearer to Mr. Lionoso's Restaurante every day. They are very friendly, and she'll have them down there for hours.

Edited: 2:55 am, December 29, 2012
California
12. Re: Riu Review. Emerald Bay

JoLee for ease in remembering how to order something in your coffee you only need to use the single word leche for milk and crema for cream. While fresca does means fresh, many people in Mexico use it more in terms of fresh air, cool air, that sort of thing.

However be aware even if you do ask for crema, it's very possible you'll still get milk. Not because they're trying to con you, rather because many people in Mexico (just like in the US or Canada) just use the word cream for any dairy product to be put in their coffee.

If you desire genuine cream for your coffee try por favor Crema Real or Verdadera Crema. Using either choice is specific to requesting real cream only

Here is a link I'll think you'll find very useful. Just type in the English word you want translated, and the not only will the Spanish version come up but over to the right you'll see a button marked audio. Hit the button with your speakers on and you'll hear the correct pronunciation too.

Carson City, Nevada
reviews: 5
13. Re: Riu Review. Emerald Bay

Thanks for the great review and pics. Although I prefer to be in town your review and several others makes me think I should try RIU or PBEB sometime in the future. Thanks again.

Edited: 8:58 am, December 29, 2012
B.C.Canada
Destination Expert
for Punta de Mita
14. Re: Riu Review. Emerald Bay

thanks for info AquaMaz. I take mine Black..lol...OR with Baileys (and I had Lots of those..LOL)

Thinkl I'm having Withdrawal ......

California
15. Re: Riu Review. Emerald Bay

So in that case JoLee just go with por favor cafe negro con Baileys (MUCHO!) LOL....;^)

B.C.Canada
Destination Expert
for Punta de Mita
16. Re: Riu Review. Emerald Bay

Some People should Never go to Mexico.

WOW.. last Review " resort ruined our Experence"

anyone reading this one,,can see the "Refund/compensation Wanted--Way in advance"

Edmonton, Canada
reviews: 4
17. Re: Riu Review. Emerald Bay

Jolee,

I read it and it seemed like an honest review. If I was advised to leave my door open overnight, I'd be upset too. That is unacceptable. However, as I said in another thread, reviews are just personal opinions and people are not all the same. You love the place....he hates the place and it seems to be that way with that resort. I star or 5 stars. I haven't seen a neutral review yet about the Riu.

He DID say the rooms were very nice and I agree with that from the pictures I've seen.

Don't worry about it. As long as you are happy there, who cares what anyone else thinks?

Ontario
reviews: 3
18. Re: Riu Review. Emerald Bay

You've just got to laugh! I don't bother with reviews, either writing them or reading them, unless I want the entertainment, and I don't need that right now!

However, your post tweaked me into looking at the place we are staying at. Luna Palace is number three in the list, but the reviews range from the fabulous to a few absolutely horrible ones. The difference in opinions is unbelievable - and I'm not venturing my own review until after our first weekend LOL!

One thing I did notice is that most of the real bad reviews were from "one-post wonders" - sort of tells you something about expectations, doesn't it?

Toronto Canada
reviews: 9
19. Re: Riu Review. Emerald Bay

Ha, Neils beat me to it. I was just going to say that I was becoming discouraged by the few bad reviews over the last week but that I also noticed that they were all people who had only reviewed once. And as they always say, you are more likely to review if you are unhappy than if you were happy. So along with that one bad review there could have been hundreds of happy people who just didn't bother.

Heading there in a few weeks. Doing my best to focus on all the fab reviews!

Edmonton, Canada
reviews: 23
20. Re: Riu Review. Emerald Bay

I agree with you Gillian, a review is a personal opinion. Doesn't sound like the resort I stayed at. We had no issues and can't wait to return.