We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Balboa Club

Which Mazatlan hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
El Reno, Oklahoma...
reviews: 6
Balboa Club

We understand the Towers may be kaput, however, been trying to reach the Club (the old, original property) to book a couple weeks and none of the long used numbers work. Might someone in MZT take a look or ? and advise? Getting nervous...

Gracias!

Morris, Illinois
reviews: 11
1. Re: Balboa Club

Walked by there several times in the last few weeks, never saw it open. It looks like it has been shut down for a while. I hope you can book elsewhere.

Mazatlan
Destination Expert
for Mazatlan
reviews: 29
2. Re: Balboa Club

I was told last week that the Balboa Club is closed. No more timeshare bookings.

Mazatlan
Destination Expert
for Mazatlan
reviews: 29
3. Re: Balboa Club

I was told last week that Balboa Club was closed. No more timeshare bookings.

El Reno, Oklahoma...
4. Re: Balboa Club

oh boy, not the news we were hoping for. wonder what happened. Classic styling and prime location. We know the Towers failed but the Club? Really? If true, so much for all the $ put into a TS plan (we've used it for many happy years) and the long-time employees. Please if anyone sees or hears anything, please post up. We're supposed to be there in Feb...

Edmonton, Canada
reviews: 4
5. Re: Balboa Club

In April of this year I walked past it on the beach side and saw a man in a suit,

very well dressed ( a waiter ) and he waved me in, so I went in and had a beer.

I walked through it and it seemed like it was still very well maintained and the bathrooms were open, stocked and working.

In November however, on the street entrance there is a huge padlock on the gates and it looked deserted. It's a beautiful place and in my opinion it should be reopened.

Portland, Oregon
reviews: 22
6. Re: Balboa Club

OH no this is sad news....we are TS onwers at the club, but I have been waiting for this to happen due to the slowness down there in MZT......we have not been down since 2012 since money is tight....So i can image that is the case for others as well.

Portland, Oregon
7. Re: Balboa Club

oops I mean we have not been down since march 2010

wa state
reviews: 3
8. Re: Balboa Club

Sad indeed, a Mazatlan landmark padlocked.

A sign of the times I guess.

El Reno, Oklahoma...
9. Re: Balboa Club

Yikes... can someone post pix of the beach front or street gate? post here or email me? muchos gracias!

Portland, Oregon
10. Re: Balboa Club

I would like to see those pictures as well if they are taken thank you