We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Good place for evening pints or night life ?

Which Mazatlan hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Calgary, Canada
Good place for evening pints or night life ?

I'm just looking around before my trip in January for a great fun place that is not overrun by locals ( I'm mid thirties)... Kinda looks like Valentinos is the best option? Anyone have any suggestions for me...

Mazatlan
Destination Expert
for Mazatlan
reviews: 29
1. Re: Good place for evening pints or night life ?

Actually Valentinos is "overrun with locals." Joe's Oyster Bar is a popular choice for NOB tourists...

Lethbridge...
reviews: 1
2. Re: Good place for evening pints or night life ?

Going to Mazatlan for the first time on Friday, but going with people who have been many times before, a couple that go five times a year. I am 29 so was wondering something similar to you CALGRS. Their input was that Valentinos was mostly locals and some cartel stuff may happen there. The same was said about Joe's on the weekends regarding being over run with locals. Some places that I guess we are going to is Gus Y Gus which is good food with a band nightly, they said Gringo Lingos has a night club feel to it and Social which I guess is a martini bar. I can let you know what my experiences are after my trip.

Mazatlan or...
reviews: 4
3. Re: Good place for evening pints or night life ?

Diegos on Tuesday afternoon.Brenster sings from 2 til 6 $250.00 pesos all you can drink or $70.00 pesos cover charge.It is a great show.

Boise, Idaho
4. Re: Good place for evening pints or night life ?

I am sorry this may be inappropriate but in response to the two people who are inquiring about the nightlife and looking for places to go (Not OverRun with Locals) I ask WHY are you gong to Mazatlan if you do not want to interact with the the local people??

WE are heading to Mazatlan for our 15th trip in 6 years and I can tell you that one of the reasons we continue to return twice a year IS the wonderful local people that we have met over the years.

Looking for Nitetime Action without the Local- Why not save your money and stay home.

Mazatlan- I week from Today- Hurray!!!

5. Re: Good place for evening pints or night life ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 1:35 pm, November 24, 2012
Mazatlan, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Mazatlan
reviews: 8
6. Re: Good place for evening pints or night life ?

Kate53.....I think, since it is their first trip, they would feel more comfortable hanging with people who will tend to be more 'in tune' with what they are used to. And can communicate with others there more easily. Pretty standard for a first trip in a foreign country.

Boise, Idaho
7. Re: Good place for evening pints or night life ?

Hi Rog and I appreciate your comments. We learned alot of spanish by talking with the locals. All I am saying is that Mazatlan is a wonderful city, a wonderful example of a working city and the people there are wonderful and great to get to know. Why would you want to isolate yourself against the people of the country that you are visiting.

A personal example- my daughther (25) is in Brazil right now for 3 months. She knows very little of the Brazilan Porteugese, but is imersing hereself in the culture and yes that includes nitelife to learn and enjoy the country of the Brazil and the people.

Lethbridge...
8. Re: Good place for evening pints or night life ?

Hey Kate, was not trying to be offensive by any means, but I would say it is a comfort thing and my ideal vacation is probably much different than yours. Let me explain a bit. We have a group of 12 people half that our couples and then a few single work buddies. Now, I've been to Mexico 8 times and this is the first time Mazatlan. I've found that for the fun I personally want to have and is the same for the single guys in our group that we will be much more successful with other tourists than locals lol. Now if I could speak spanish to any type of intermediate degree, then it would be a different story, but I only know basics.

Lethbridge...
9. Re: Good place for evening pints or night life ?

Would like to add Kate, I have no doubt that Mazatlan is full of wonderful people, in fact the Mazatlan experienced people that we are going with have stated that numerous times as well as reading it on here countless times. I'm simply lazy and it is easier for me to "interact" with other tourists who are like minded. The Valentinos comment comes from advice from online and from the group we are going with that cartel dealings may occur there and it doesn't have the best reputation. That may be a paranoid way of looking at things, but trust me I am not like that. I have been wondering through side streets at 3AM in PVR looking for a local taco stand. Hope that explains my thought process a little better lol.

Carson City, Nevada
reviews: 5
10. Re: Good place for evening pints or night life ?

Mack B. I would say your info on Valentinos is spot on as the crowd there is mostly young nationals and some with a lot of bling! wink,wink! LOL I would guess that you would enjoy the other clubs mentioned more.

Edited: 5:46 pm, November 24, 2012