We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Christmas Holidays

Which Mazatlan hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
COBOURG
reviews: 2
Christmas Holidays

I have been to Mazatlan a couple times before but always during our Ontario March Break. This year I am coming down with my family over Christmas, Dec 22-Jan 5. Are there any must see events that happen over that time period, or things to look for?

San Francisco...
reviews: 68
1. Re: Christmas Holidays

Decorations for one. Very beautiful time to go.

Mazatlan
Destination Expert
for Mazatlan
reviews: 29
2. Re: Christmas Holidays

Be sure and go down to the cathedral downtown--at night. Beautiful!

chicago
reviews: 5
3. Re: Christmas Holidays

I've been going to Maz. for these 2 weeks for the past 13 years. While I've never been at Spring Break time, my guess is it will be A LOT less crowded than you have seen. The upside....always fantastic service in the restaurans b/c it's not busy. Some things we always do...go see a venados baseball game. Tickets and beer are super cheap. Fun way to spend an evening. They even have cheerleaders :) Also, Azeca massage is a must. 1 hour for about $13us dollars. It's about a block down and across the street from the Dairy Queen. If you like football, there's always a crowd at Yooper's to watch the games. My husband LOVES Fat Fish for 2x1 ribs. I agree with the previous post, go down to where the cathedral is and walk around the square at night to see the decorations. There are some good restuarants there. We always take a day trip towards the market and get shrimp from the shrimp ladies and take it to a restuarant to have it cooked. My mouth is watering just thinking about it!!! Other advice - take the bus. So cheap!! Also, you MUST eat a moljacate (sp?) Tony's on the Beach or Three Amigo's are the best for this. OMG - I'm getting super excited just writing this. I could go on and on. I'll be happy to give more advice if wanted, but a lot depends on the ages of your family and what you are interested in. My husband and I are early 40s. We've traveled down there a lot with adults as well as teenagers, so post if you have more questions.

4. Re: Christmas Holidays

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:19 am, December 16, 2013