We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

help

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Mazatlan hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Edmonton, Canada
reviews: 11
help

I have a problem. I know what it is because I have had it before. Yesterday afternoon, I noticed a slight rash on my jawline and today it has tripled in size. I had it once before in mexico and was lucky enough that my father was with a doctor. He told me to get the strongest antibiotics available as it was staff a infection. I have no idea how I got it this time as I this is the first time its ever reoccurred in Mazatlan. Does anyone have any advice on what I should do.

It's much worse then the other time and it is growing hour by hour. I want to go home as quickly as possible but I know that I have to control it before I get home. I have sun life insurance so the cost is no problem, but I don't know where to go to get treatment.

Thank you to anyone that can give me advice. The last time I had it, it left a horrible scar on my neck and this time it is on my face. Freaking out.?...?yes.?.

Edmonton, Canada
reviews: 202
1. Re: help

Hey Gillian,

Unfortunately, I have no advice for you to help but just wanted to send you my best wishes for a speedy recovery. You know the great hospital to go to in Mazatlan though right?

Zihuatanejo, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Ixtapa, Zihuatanejo, Cabo San Lucas
reviews: 6
2. Re: help

gillian...so sorry to hear this is happening to you...Here is a excellent site to check out...from Mayo Clinic...some consider it the finest medical place in the USA...foreigners come to the Mayo.

Look along the left side...and you can go page by page to read all they have to say about it...and also shows the medical treatment...

mayoclinic.com/health/…DS00973

Wishing you the best...

3. Re: help

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 6:05 pm, November 19, 2012
Davie, Florida
reviews: 2
4. Re: help

this is the sort of thing doctors were invented for.

5. Re: help

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may repost if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 8:58 am, November 19, 2012
Edmonton, Canada
6. Re: help

Hando,

Duh....I asked for advice on where to go. Obviously I know I have to see a doctor.

Duh.....read posts thoroughly before you offer your words of wisdom.

Thanks Laura and Judy.

Edmonton, Canada
7. Re: help

Hando,

Duh....I asked for advice on where to go. Obviously I know I have to see a doctor.

Duh.....read posts thoroughly before you offer your words of wisdom.

Thanks Laura and Judy.

Ontario
reviews: 3
8. Re: help

Sharps Hospital emergency room. Took care of us well the last couple of years.

Saskatoon, Canada
reviews: 109
9. Re: help

Ditto Sharp.

Mazatlan, Mexico
reviews: 7
10. Re: help

Go to Sharp Hospital Emergency.