We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

spring break 2013

Which Mazatlan hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Chicago, Illinois
reviews: 4
spring break 2013

hey everyone,

well mazatlan seems like an excellent for our spring break vacation. i know its a while away but one must start saving!! there will be 3 of us going [gals]. 2 teachers & 1 student so we need any advice to be able to cut expenses in food, lodging, etc. we dont need 5 star hotels, comfortable with spanish. we just want to have a good time. we are flying from chicago so airfare itself will be a big chunk. any tips would be greatly appreciated!

thanks

Mn
reviews: 34
21. Re: spring break 2013

We always do it cheaply and it's great. We bring our own breakfast (most hotel's have a kitchenette), sitting on the balcony and having a cup of coffee and breakfast is a great/cheap way to start. The food is fantastic and inexpensive everywhere.. so is the beer (if you drink). We walk almost everywhere.. great exercise, see a lot, and yes, again cheap. The bus is cheap as well. You can take an excursion to Stone Island.. or as we did, walk all the way to the ferry (it's a long walk but you see a TON), then it'll cost less than $2 for a ferry to get over there. All excursions are negotiable if you buy off the beach (and not through the hote), we've never been steered wrong. Food is plentiful, meaning huge portions. I go with a friend and we share all meals, again cheap.. but we eat a ton as there is always free chips and salsa, and I don't like to over eat anyway. Bring a water bottle from home to fill up to drink water during the day..... the water is purified everywhere (hotels and restaurants), you don't need to buy bottled water. Some of the cheaper hotels like the Luna are great, beautiful/safe area, no need to stay at a more expensive hotel. We are staying at the Oceano this year and the rooms were $30 a night.. still not sure how we got a great deal but I'm excited. No need to pay cover for a disco.. the outdoor open air venues are funner and no cover charge. Remember all shopping off the beach is negotiable... wait a few days to buy things as you'll then know what it's really worth. Hope this all helps!

Mazatlan, Mexico
reviews: 52
22. Re: spring break 2013

Here is a good list of things to do in Maz too.

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g150792-i257-k6022…

Chicago, Illinois
reviews: 4
23. Re: spring break 2013

Thanks for all the great responses!!!! Seems like we will be able to travel soon. Traveling cheaply almost gives you a more authentic experience. That's how I traveled to Puerto Vallarta and it has been a repeat vacation!

24. Re: spring break 2013

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, January 26, 2014