We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

El Cid Marina Beach

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Mazatlan hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Wooster, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Paradise Island
reviews: 4
El Cid Marina Beach

Hello ta friends. We are traveling to Mazatlan for the 2nd time in Jan. 2013. We did a time share exchange and are staying at the El Cid Marina Beach resort. Is this the same resort I am reading about on here that is referred to as El Cid Marina? I am confused and have a few questions. First, the confirmation paperwork I received says there is a beach "on site" but I read on here you take a shuttle? Last time we stayed at a time share resort across from Muchies and it was a great location. We walked to the Gold Strand for lunch and shopping, then onto the Mega Store. Yes, that was a lot of walking but we enjoy stopping along the way to check out the things you don't see when you are whizzing by in a taxi, or as in your town, a pulmania. (sp) Where is El Cid located as compared to Pueblo Bonita? On what site can I find a good map on Mazatlan? I think that should do it for now. Thanks to all who are willing to help.

1. Re: El Cid Marina Beach

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 1:35 am, July 05, 2012
wa state
reviews: 3
2. Re: El Cid Marina Beach

The shuttle you take is actually a ferry that takes you across the marina channel to the beach area it is very nice & if you'd like you can walk about 5 + miles to the north on sand.

If you liked Pueblo Bonito you'll like El Cid Marina.

We own at Pueblo Bonito & El Cid Marina is our second resort choice when staying in Mazatlan.

Edited: 9:21 pm, July 04, 2012
Lake Minnewawa, mn
3. Re: El Cid Marina Beach

Map! Did someone say map?

Here is a satellite view of the El Cid Marina and Pueblo Bonito.

You will see the Marina beach area across the channel from the hotel.

Scrolling across the highlight boxes you will find the Pueblo Bonito Mazatlan near the bottom of your screen.

wikimapia.org/…b

Carson City, Nevada
reviews: 5
4. Re: El Cid Marina Beach

Shmirl,

I think you'll find the El Cid Marina to your liking. The suites are said to be some of the nicer ones in Mazatlan and you can watch all the boating activity from your balcony. This is where all the Aries boats are docked and about 1:30 in the afternoon you'll get to see the boats coming in with their catch. El Cid Marina is located at the north end of the Golden Zone and somewhat seperated from the heart of the dining and shopping in the Golden Zone but they have a free shuttle every twenty minutes or so that will take you to the sister property, the El Cid Castilla and Moro which is right in the heart of the Golden Zone. You can walk to many great eating and shopping locations from there. The Sabalo Centro air-conditioned bus stops right in front of the El Cid Castilla and for nine pesos will take you right down town to the Cathedral, Centro Mercado and from there you can walk to many other sites in the old town area. I look forward to hearing your impressions of Mazatlan. I'll be there in late October and I can't hardly wait.

Edited: 9:36 am, July 05, 2012
Mazatlan
Destination Expert
for Mazatlan
reviews: 29
5. Re: El Cid Marina Beach

As you can see on the map El Cid Marina is just a short distance from PB Mazatlan.

Zihuatanejo, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Ixtapa, Zihuatanejo, Cabo San Lucas
reviews: 6
6. Re: El Cid Marina Beach

You can see my video of El Cid Marina...

…tripadvisor.com/tripwow/ta-00b2-e10e-2479

I did not stay there, but was at El Cid Moro...and walked down to just check it out. From the video you will see it is a marina...and no beach...but you can walk to other places, restaurants, etc...and get to the beach...or grab the little bus that goes to El Cid Castilla or Moro...and use the beach there, too.

Wooster, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Paradise Island
reviews: 4
7. Re: El Cid Marina Beach

@Birdman, Thanks for that info. I think I'll be getting a lot of use out of the ferry. I'll save my walking shoes for downtown. @C-bob, I never knew about Wikimapia! It was most helpful for getting a feel for the area. @Tony, you are a wealth of information. Much appreciated. TJ, I love the idea of being able to go to their other resorts for beach and lunch. Thanks to all of you. p.s. It looks like someone was bothered by me already and I've just begun!!

wa state
reviews: 3
8. Re: El Cid Marina Beach

Just keep asking the questions there are several here that have great info a few that have info & some that just post to post.

Need to know what the weather will be like in Jan?

9. Re: El Cid Marina Beach

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 1:08 am, July 06, 2012
10. Re: El Cid Marina Beach

Removed on: 1:08 am, July 06, 2012
Edited: 1:08 am, July 06, 2012