We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Day Twelve - Going Home Tomorrow

Which Mazatlan hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Edmonton, Canada
reviews: 96
Day Twelve - Going Home Tomorrow

Well, this is it - our last night and our last supper. We fly out early tomorrow afternoon after breakfast at Loco's Loco's to say bye to all our friends.

As for today, again pretty quiet starting out for breakfast at Loco's Loco's and then some beer as it began to cloud over and our only other plans were some time by the pool. When the sun finally broke I was hungry for lunch but opted to return to the resort for some pool time. As luck would have it, by the time we got back it was cloudy again so I left my husband by the pool and headed out for a little appy. Boy was I glad I did.

I decided to head out north instead of south and check out the menus of the few places on that side of our resort and ended up at Ernie Tomatoes. I was intrigued by their Rockefeller Shrimp so ordered it. Dare I say it was possibly the best bite I may have had in Mazatlan. I have been tempted a few times here to have Oysters Rockefeller because I love them but can never really bring myself to eat six oysters in a sitting. This was shrimp, in an oyster shell, with red onions, spinach, bacon and a small bit of mushroom in a delectable cream sauce covered in melted cheese. It was absolutely sublime!!Absolutely loved it but I love dishes like that.

So we've just been sitting out on the deck, enjoying the last bottle of wine in our fridge and our last sunset trying to work up enough of an appetite for our last dinner (cuz you know I won't miss it no matter how stuffed I am!)

I loved the suggestions for our last meal and want to go to La Concha and Seafarer but as we are full and a little lazy it looks like we'll go to Costa Marinera as it's close and was on our original short list but we haven't made it there yet. Will let you know how it is!

Virginia Beach, VA
reviews: 1
1. Re: Day Twelve - Going Home Tomorrow

Have enjoyed all of your reports. I definitely want to try those Rockefeller Shrimp! We've never eaten at Ernie Tomatoes so this will give us a good reason to do so. Travel safe and thanks again.

South Dakota
reviews: 7
2. Re: Day Twelve - Going Home Tomorrow

I am glad you tried Ernie. We have eaten at their new location two times each of our last two visits to Mazatlan. They have very good food. We have tried several of their meals and have not had one back experience. You never hear anything on this board about Ernies and I always thought that was odd. If you haven't tried their food you all should.

Wish It, Was A...
3. Re: Day Twelve - Going Home Tomorrow

I miss you Sunseeker! I just know when you are rested up we will get a final wrap up right??

Pretty please ;0)

MBL a grateful follower!

Iowa
reviews: 8
4. Re: Day Twelve - Going Home Tomorrow

Love your trip reports.

What would you say your top 5 meals have been?

usa
5. Re: Day Twelve - Going Home Tomorrow

This has been one of the top trip reports, you took us to places we don’t normally go and into areas we don’t visit, we stay from El Cid Marina, to the south. That being said, thank you for opening up our eyes to the other parts of Mazatlan and we will make more of a priority to take in the northern end of town. The daily reports are so outstanding. Thanks again for the trip. Mr. 2Day

Edmonton, Canada
6. Re: Day Twelve - Going Home Tomorrow

Thank you all for your kind words. I'm glad you enjoyed my reports. I had fun doing them and documenting our trip. LuvMaz - Definitely trip those Rockefeller Shrimp. Sodak - I'm glad I tried Ernie's it was good.

MBL - gotta love a faithful follower! Just for you I've created a slideshow of our trip. While I was posting my husband was taking pictures so it's long! But he's a great photographer. It'll be posted shortly.

Cy - glad you liked the reports. I would say our top meals were: 1) Arre Lulu, 2) La Canoa 3) Topolo, 4) Mr. Lionso's 5) Costa Marinera - but best all around goes to Loco's Loco's, best appy was at Ernie's, best brunch goes to Water's Edge and best experience goes to the restaurant in El Quelite.

Mr.2Day - Your comments made my day - thanks!

Now I will try and convert my comments into individual reviews for the restaurants we visited. It was a great trip. I'm full!

Arkansas
reviews: 34
7. Re: Day Twelve - Going Home Tomorrow

Job well done. Thanks.

Minnesota
reviews: 20
8. Re: Day Twelve - Going Home Tomorrow

Thank you for the wonderful details of your trip! You dined at all of our favorite places. After reading your posts, I can hardly wait until December when we will return. Have a safe trip home!!!

Edmonton, Canada
9. Re: Day Twelve - Going Home Tomorrow

Can't believe these posts are still open. Motivates me to document our trip that starts in just 10 days!

Toronto, Canada
10. Re: Day Twelve - Going Home Tomorrow

you never had mention of the weather day/night

Get answers to your questions about Mazatlan