We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Day Five and Six

Which Mazatlan hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Edmonton, Canada
reviews: 109
Day Five and Six

Had a hard time getting an internet connection yesterday so will have to do two days in one. Boy is it hard remembering what you did yesterday!

So day five started at Loco's Loco's for 45 peso breakfast. Excellent as usual. Then we walked down to our friend's casa for a quick visit. They wanted to wander around the Golden Zone with us but wanted a quick bite first. So we returned to Loco's Loco's for a cold beer nd my husband and I shared a clubhouse. It was REALLY good. Then we just went out wandering around. I found Arres Lulu and a few other places on my list. We wanted to stop for a drink so went to Joe's Oyster Bar to check it out. There was no one there so we left and went to the Saloon for WiFi and called home for free. Then back to the hotel to get ready for dinner. It was our friends' anniversary so six of us returned to Topolo's for dinner but first we stopped by Pedro Y Lola to listen to Rob play the piano and have a cocktail. Topolo's was again excellent. I gotta make that corn and black bean salsa!! I had coconut shrimp and my husband had the cilantro shrimp. I think his was the best of all the shrimp we tried. Others had the salmon, the ribeye nd another fish dish and all were enjoyed. Got to meet the owner which was great as was the sax player.

Then off to Pancho's for some drinks. No one was there either so we left early after buying some beautiful blue wine glasses. All in all another great day in paradise.

So on to day six. Woke up this morning to a very overcast day and cold day so you won't believe but we went to a TS presentation!! Turned out to be well worth it. Got there at 10 and was out by 11 including breakfast with 4500 pesos in our pockets (I have a few tips I can share at a later time!) So we headed down to Playa Bruja for the day. After walking around the little market we headed down to Mr. Lionso's ordered some drinks, took out the cards and proceeded to spend a lovely day there watching the surfers and the people walking the beach. For lunch I enjoyed the lobster/shrimp combo for 220 pesos and my husband had the imperial shrimp for 150 pesos. Great! Couldn't think of a better way to spend a cold and dreary day. Now we're back at the hotel and making our dinner plans! I'm thinking I'd like to head to Angelo's for some Italian.

And,of course, hoping for sunshine tomorrow!

Arkansas
reviews: 35
1. Re: Day Five and Six

You do Good !!!

Canada
reviews: 6
2. Re: Day Five and Six

Thanks for sharing!!!

Chicago, Illinois
reviews: 28
3. Re: Day Five and Six

Can you tell me how far the walk is from Mr. Lionso's to the little market? What type of things do they have at the market? Good luck on the sunshine!

Lake Minnewawa, mn
4. Re: Day Five and Six

I am sureSunSeeker is talking about the little strip mall at cerritos Point.

That is about a two block walk from Mr. Lionsos.

The mall has the red roof at the top of the view. Mr. Lionsos is at the bottom center.

wikimapia.org/…b

California
5. Re: Day Five and Six

"Will have to do two days in one. Boy is it hard remembering what you did yesterday!"

When someone can't remember yesterday they're having one heck of a vacation !.....LOL

Edited: 2:30 am, February 17, 2012
Wish It, Was A...
6. Re: Day Five and Six

Thanks for the update.....next year we are sending film crew with you so you don't have to try so hard to remember ;>)

MBL

Edmonton, Canada
7. Re: Day Five and Six

Yes by market I meant strip mall and cabanabob already filled you in on location.

MBL - you're gonna laugh but we already have a news crew coming!! They'll be here on Sunday and Monday to follow us around. I'll let everyone know when it will be aired on CBC. Those in the US might not get it but may be able to watch it online. Hopefully it will be a positive story for Mazatlan!!

Oh, and forgot to mention, the steamed clams at Topolo's were the absolute best!!

And to finish off our day yesterday we went to Angelo's which I was very much looking forward to. I had fettucini carbonara and my husband had penne in a tomato sauce. It was quite possibly the worst pasta I've ever had unfortunately. Maybe just a bad night. We were the only ones in the whole place but we did eat late.

In general, every place we visited would usually only have two or three tables full except Topolo's which was completely full all night on both nights we were there.

Mazatlan, Mexico
reviews: 7
8. Re: Day Five and Six

Sorry to hear you had a bad experience at Angelos. We went there about a month ago and it was fabulous!! I do find carbonara sauce too creamy in Mazatlan for my liking, just too rich and heavy I think. But your enthusiasm is contagious!! Hope the CBC crew do a good job! Can't wait to see it.

Edmonton, Canada
9. Re: Day Five and Six

That's what I love about carbonara - rich and creamy! This was dry and bland and the pasta was way to al dente but my husband is Italian so I'm particular about my pasta. But I went to Angelo's when I was here in December and wrote a glowing review so don't anyone give up on the place because of my one bad experience!

Vancouver Island...
reviews: 17
10. Re: Day Five and Six

The news crew will certainly make for an interesting couple of days... and great reading for those us following along!

I have to ask.. did you respond to the post on the Pacific Coast forum looking for people who were travelling in Feb??