We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Spray Paint Art

Which Mazatlan hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Saint Cloud...
Spray Paint Art

Do the guys still do this on the sidewalk in the Golden Zone? Wasn't it near where Ernie Tomatoes used to be? That was always so fun to watch. If they are still doing it, I would recommend it to any first time Mazatlan visitors.

Winnipeg
reviews: 2
11. Re: Spray Paint Art

We saw the painters several evenings on the corner just north of the old

Ernie Tomatoes, in front of that neat ladies clothing store across from Tony's and Senor Frog's store from first of Feb. to end of March 2011 .They really are amazing aren't they? I bought pics for our kids our first trip in 92 and they are still treasured by the grandkids now.

Man, I have missed our trip this winter. Enjoy, everyone.

Appleton, Wisconsin
reviews: 16
12. Re: Spray Paint Art

Loved watching Manuel...he was the guy by the DQ. I think he always had a special place in the ladies hearts ( he was very cute and sweet)...LOL

Have not been to Mazatlan for a few years...but he always gave us his special attention when we would see him every year. Our little girl at the time .....could sit in her stroller for hours and watch him paint.. Not sure but it seems like years back that he was moving to Florida ?!?!?

Not sure when we will get back to Mazatlan again...have been trying many new destinations...but still always check back on the TA just to see how the ol' place in doing.

In a week we will be close to Mazatlan ...just a little further south ...in Puerto Vallarta for 11 days. I kind of have a feeling that is will be much like Mazatlan. I really do miss all of our old friends from there and think about them often :(

DC

Saint Cloud...
13. Re: Spray Paint Art

DC let me know what you think of PV when you get back. I thought the same thing that it would remind me of Maz, but it did not. I haven't been to Maz in 6 years. I do the same thing, try other spots, but need to go to Maz in between to check back in. To Maz 11 times and several other destinations one time each..but Maz is till my favorite.

Saint Paul...
reviews: 59
14. Re: Spray Paint Art

Saw a couple guys set up donig their spray painting on the sidewalk near Shrimp Factory and across from the Senor Frogs. Different guys from who recall a few years ago, but still talented and nice work! They were a bit more agressive in talking to people but there was no crowd there like we remembered would happen in the past. We have a couple paintings that we bought a few years ago. Really talented!

Appleton, Wisconsin
reviews: 16
15. Re: Spray Paint Art

Will do Squirrel.... It has probably been 5 years or so for us since Mazatlan....I fell in love with Maz in the mid 80's on our first trip there...I think we are around our 17th now. Have only had 1 not so good trip in all of them...and that was the last time we were there. It was VERY cold and windy :( for our 10 day stay. But we will be back again someday.

DC

Canada
reviews: 6
16. Re: Spray Paint Art

I havent seen the spray paint artists last year or this year. I do miss them they were talented. I went to Puerto Vallarta once to try it I enjoyed it but I missed Mazatlan and go to Mazatlan all the time now!

Saint Cloud...
17. Re: Spray Paint Art

Anyone see these guys yet this winter?

Toronto Canada
reviews: 9
18. Re: Spray Paint Art

Ooh I would love to see that! I bought a painting from a spray paint guy in Australia about 10 years ago. Awesome to watch.

North Carolina
reviews: 12
19. Re: Spray Paint Art

We saw them in the Plaza Machado last Fall - it was over Halloween so the Plaza was quite busy. I have a spray painted plate I bought in Cozumel in 2002 - still on display in my living room - amazing talent!!

western canada
20. Re: Spray Paint Art

Saw a guy doing this last night at the square was really neat to watch