We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Day Two - Absolutely Fabulous!!

Which Mazatlan hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Edmonton, Canada
reviews: 107
Day Two - Absolutely Fabulous!!

Okay, so we started the day a little later than expected but woke up to gorgeous sunshine. Absolutely beautiful day - total sunshine and hot

Then we headed to the Casa Lucilla and had the most luxurious brunch ever! I had the shrimp and guac eggs benny and my husband had the bacon and cheese eggs benny. Glorious! Too die for. We have been on the hunt for the best and we found it! And the potatoes on the side were awesome, crispy and nicely seasoned. Comes with juice and tea or coffee for 120 pesos. Enjoyed our brunch looking out at the boogie boarders and listening to Rob play piano (very popular with those that spend alot of time here. Totally divine!

Then we headed out on our walk through Olas Altas and down the Malecon. Gorgeous! Stopped and took pics of the condo we're looking at tomorrow.

Then made our way to Pancho's. Unfortunately still too stuffed to eat but had a couple margaritas and enjoyed the people. Mazatlan is amazing for that. The people are so friendly, everyone looks so familiar and everyone knows everyone. I had lots of fun by donating to the Mazatlan community by buying a mi casa is su casa sign, my millionth anklet but you'll love it - this one says sunseeker37!!!!! Also donated to charity and paid a little boy generously to play his guitar for me. The more margs the more generous I get but seriously I want to contribute to the people of the community I love so much and that has been hit so hard.

So we left Pancho's and made it all the way around the corner where we decided to stop at the Saloon for free wifi and also got to call home. Having a great time with fellow Canadians.

Now we're off to Mega for some wine, beer and stuff for smoothies. Then back to PBMaz for happy hour, showers and time on the deck. Then out for dinner. Stay posted to see where we end up going!!

Mazatlán
Destination Expert
for Mazatlan
reviews: 13
1. Re: Day Two - Absolutely Fabulous!!

Sounds like you had a terrific day. The weather was great! The liquor sales cut off early today, being Sunday, but I guess you will have discovered that by the time you read this. :-(

South Dakota
reviews: 7
2. Re: Day Two - Absolutely Fabulous!!

Today was a fabulous day in Mazatlan. The weather was great. Pueblo Bonito is very nice. What a beautiful beach.

Arkansas
reviews: 35
3. Re: Day Two - Absolutely Fabulous!!

Oh we ache----won't be long. Mar. 1st we will be at PBMaz. I guess we don't know about casa lucilliaes. Tell us more. Thanks for your report. Love to hear.

Edited: 9:44 pm, February 12, 2012
Ontario
reviews: 3
4. Re: Day Two - Absolutely Fabulous!!

Karla:

Casa Lucilla is the small hotel up the hill at the south end of Olas Altas. The restaurant in there now is Waters Edge, which is getting very good reviews since it opened a few months ago. You will find out more at their website.

Edmonton, Canada
5. Re: Day Two - Absolutely Fabulous!!

Mazzi - now that's a tip I never read about and I bet most travelers, particularly the new ones don't know. Went to Mega and all the wine was roped off (gasp!!) Can't buy it after 200 pm on Sundays. Can't buy it after 800pm at Oxxo. We're finding out the hard way (like we need more alcohol!)

So for dinner we went to La Canoa. It was unbelievably Amazing!!!!!!!!! My DH who is not a huge seafood lover shared the seafood platter for two with me. It was delicious. It wasn't exactly how the menu described but excellent nonetheless. They have 2 for 1 drinks all day so started with strawberry dacquiris which were large and very tasty. Then they offered us dessert on the

House. Either crepes suzette or flambeed bananas. We had the crepes, even though we were totally stuffed and they were totally amazing. You really need to try this place - excellent. We will write a full review.

Mazatlán
Destination Expert
for Mazatlan
reviews: 13
6. Re: Day Two - Absolutely Fabulous!!

You are right, the subject of alcohol purchases on Sundays hasn't come up recently.

Awesome that you discovered La Canoa. There is some good music there throughout the week, during the day, and an all day Happy Hour on the beach is a natural bonus.

Edited: 2:04 am, February 13, 2012
South Dakota
reviews: 7
7. Re: Day Two - Absolutely Fabulous!!

Where is La Canoa? Might have to try it.

Ontario
reviews: 3
8. Re: Day Two - Absolutely Fabulous!!

Right across from Solomar Inn, and south of Fiesta Inn.

Edmonton, Canada
9. Re: Day Two - Absolutely Fabulous!!

Sodak - leave PBMaz turn right and stay on that side of the street and it's on your right after Chili Peppers/Tony's/Loco's Loco's but before El Cid.

Edmonton, Canada
10. Re: Day Two - Absolutely Fabulous!!

And meant to say - can't buy alcoholo at Oxxo after 800 pm any night of the week!