We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Puerto Vallarta to Mazatlan by bus

Which Mazatlan hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Atlanta, Georgia
reviews: 18
Puerto Vallarta to Mazatlan by bus

We are considering flying into PV next year , spending a week there then taking a bus up to Mazatlan and spending a second week there, and flying home from MZT.

I know the bus goes thru Tepic, and may stop or layover there. i know prices may change by the time we travel but does anyone have any ballpark idea of costs and time involved? Opinions on "good idea" or "bad idea" welcomed.

14 replies to this topic
Minden, Nevada
reviews: 1
11. Re: Puerto Vallarta to Mazatlan by bus

Is there a place to look at the schedule ahead of time-online? (so we know what time 'early' would be?) Thanks!

Atlanta, Georgia
reviews: 18
12. Re: Puerto Vallarta to Mazatlan by bus

Mac and DEE... See post #2.for a link to TAP, bus link that uses this route.

Mazatlan, Mexico
reviews: 1
13. Re: Puerto Vallarta to Mazatlan by bus

First class buses are called '' ejecutivo''.

Bus travel is great. I have done it extensively between Los Mochis and Puerta Vallarta as well as Baja because of crewing on boat deliveries. Also went to Mexico City once on the bus...now THAT was a little far for the bus....

Always good to carry your own roll of toilet tissue.. Also keep your eyes peeled for the food opportunities! Some of my bus station favorites is the corn bread at San Blas and the shrimp tamales at Escuinapa.

ontario canada
14. Re: Puerto Vallarta to Mazatlan by bus

We want to take the bus from PVR to Mazatlan on Nov. 16th of 2013.

I went to the tap.com.mx website but couldn`t get the schedule to come up.

Does the Tap bus run at this time of the year ? If so how do I pull up the schedule ?

Reply to: Puerto Vallarta to Mazatlan by bus
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted