We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Recommendations on the best resorts to stay at in Mazatlan

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Mazatlan hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Ilinois
Recommendations on the best resorts to stay at in Mazatlan

Hi, This is my first time to Mazatlan and it is a much needed vacation for my husband and myself. As I have read some reviews of resorts not to stay at, I was wonder what resorts are consistently good. Thanks.

Mazatlan, Mexico
1. Re: Recommendations on the best resorts to stay at in Mazatlan

From what I have been told the top hotels here would be Pueblo Bonito (have 2 locations), Playa Mazatlan or Torres Mazatlan.

Minnesota
reviews: 1
2. Re: Recommendations on the best resorts to stay at in Mazatlan

Mazguy - I see you are from Mazatlan. Could you give me your honest feed back on the El Cid Castilla resort. We are staying there Jan 15-20 and heard both positive and negative reviews. Your feed back would be appreciated.

Mazatlán, Sin...
3. Re: Recommendations on the best resorts to stay at in Mazatlan

beachgirl95, The reason you get such conflicting reviews is because different folks have different expectations. For instance, my brother and his family loved the El Cid Castilla and hated the Costa de Oro (another older hotel/resort close by). His complaints about the Costa de Oro were EXACTLY like the worst of the El Cid Castilla reviews! Some friends of mine love the Costa de Oro and wouldn't stay at the Castilla on a bet. Other friends of mine won't stay at either one and only stay at the El Cid El Moro (the newest of the El Cid properties).

It's just another case of "different strokes for different folks."

Minnesota
reviews: 1
4. Re: Recommendations on the best resorts to stay at in Mazatlan

mazbook - I totally agree with you. I wouldn't change my reversations just because someone didn't like something. I just like to hear what other people think.

Mazatlan
Destination Expert
for Mazatlan
reviews: 29
5. Re: Recommendations on the best resorts to stay at in Mazatlan

The Inn at Mazatlan is an exceptional property for the following reasons. It is in the Golden Zone and close to shopping. There are many water activities close at hand. They not only have a superb beach, but two nice swimming pools. You can either enjoy laying on the sand on the beach or in a deck chair under a palapa--with waiters that cater to your (amost) every need. They have arguably, one of the best restaurants (Papagayo) in Mazatlan. They have a lifeguard, nurse, and recreation director on site and will make arrangements for a bonded baby sitter. It is owned by an American and the same staff has worked there for years. Any finally, it is just across the street from the best american bookstore in all of Mazatlan :-)

Minneapolis...
reviews: 8
6. Re: Recommendations on the best resorts to stay at in Mazatlan

Hello

I would have to say my fav's are El Cid and Costa de Oro. I like them the best in fact this year i will be at Costa de Oro. Last year I stayed at The Inn and never will I stay there again even for free. This just my humble feelings.

Hope this helps

mark

Washington State
reviews: 12
7. Re: Recommendations on the best resorts to stay at in Mazatlan

Madhatter,

What are the reasons you wouldn't stay at the Inn again?

Minneapolis...
reviews: 8
8. Re: Recommendations on the best resorts to stay at in Mazatlan

Hello

We had an issue with there being no air conditioning. They said it was down for general cleaning and that tomorrow it would be up. This went on for 2 weeks we were there. I had even read a review that in june it was still not up. Also we felt that the service around the pool was lacking it would take up to 45 minutes to get a drink. We are excelent tippers. I do admit that it is a very beautiful hotel. In the 9 years we have been visiting mazatlan last year was the worst for service at The Inn.

Hope this helps

mark

Washington State
reviews: 12
9. Re: Recommendations on the best resorts to stay at in Mazatlan

Thanks for the specific info.! That is too bad. I couldn't imagine, especially, no AC!! We have the Inn on our list of places to exchange for early 2007, but I'd definately want to make sure the AC was working. Thanks again.