We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mazatlan vs. Puerto Vallarta

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Mazatlan hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
San Diego...
reviews: 5
Mazatlan vs. Puerto Vallarta

Haven't been to Mazatlan yet...thinking about it.

We really loved Puerto Vallarta willing to try something new.

Would like some insider thoughts :o)

Sunriver, Oregon
reviews: 10
1. Re: Mazatlan vs. Puerto Vallarta

I really prefer the beaches in Mazatlan over PV...they are not cut up by the streams as in PV. The beach out at Stone Island my favorite as the beach is over 15 miles long and only a mile of that has people.....

michigan
2. Re: Mazatlan vs. Puerto Vallarta

We went to puerto vallarta last march,

Trying mazatlan feb 4th -11th playa Mazatlan.

We ALSO LOVED pv, all the reviews sound like the town is great, and the resorts are close.

We'll let you know!!

Mazatlan, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Mazatlan
reviews: 9
3. Re: Mazatlan vs. Puerto Vallarta

Here is the biggest difference I found between Cabo, PV, and Mazatlan. (It is the reason I picked Mazatlan to live in, other people may go the other way) All three have a ‘Gold Zone’. That is filled with tourist hotels, tourist shops, tourist restaurants, tourist resorts, and PV has some nice beaches. Cabo really has little in the way of beaches. Mazatlan has all the above (By far, the most beaches) plus Mazatlan has a colonial downtown and is a real working city. What is the benefit of that for a tourist? It keeps prices down. Prices are lower here for hotels, taxi’s, dining, shopping and living. Many people (Not all of course) who have been to Cancun, Acapulco, Cabo, and PV before Mazatlan, prefer Mazatlan for those same reasons. Try it, you may become a regular! And yes, I love my town!

Newcastle
reviews: 98
4. Re: Mazatlan vs. Puerto Vallarta

I have been to PV about 18-22 times and only once to MZT I will go again in Feb. I do love very much PV!

PV seems to be cheaper to fly to from Seatac than MZT.

We plan to go back to PV next year.

Mazatlan
Destination Expert
for Mazatlan
reviews: 31
5. Re: Mazatlan vs. Puerto Vallarta

Please the other posting on this site I, by coincidence, added from my book, "Mazatlan IS Paradise."

San Diego...
reviews: 5
6. Re: Mazatlan vs. Puerto Vallarta

I have no doubts it is a beautiful place. From San Diego we fly into Cabo then hop into Mazatlan. Not a direct flight just want to make sure it's worth the extra flight time. :O)