We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Blue crabs, stone crabs, or?

Which Mazatlan hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Austin, Texas
reviews: 1
Blue crabs, stone crabs, or?

I figured that since there is a lot of shrimp, what about CRAB? I looooove fresh steamed crab. Is Mazatlan a place for crab or just lobster? Any fresh, clean oysters?

Mazatlan, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Mazatlan
reviews: 8
1. Re: Blue crabs, stone crabs, or?

Very little crab here. None steamed that I know of, the water is too warm for what we are used to. Some oysters, but somewhat hard to find in a restaurant. Most of the oysters are sold from push carts.

minnnesota
2. Re: Blue crabs, stone crabs, or?

Try la puntilla or guamuchalito for oysters

Austin, Texas
reviews: 1
3. Re: Blue crabs, stone crabs, or?

Thanks,

Duh on me. I am staying next to Joe's OYSTER Bar...that means lots of oysters on the half-shell, right : )

Mazatlan, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Mazatlan
4. Re: Blue crabs, stone crabs, or?

Actually, I'm not even sure they HAVE food. It's a bar. A really LOUD kids bar. (Meaning under 25 and want to be deaf for 2 days)

Ontario
reviews: 3
5. Re: Blue crabs, stone crabs, or?

Sure they have food - certainly during the day anyway. Probably at night too, but no-one notices?

We had lunch there because I wanted the oysters, but nothing to write home about....not lots of oysters on the half-shell, and expensive. It was real quiet at lunch time during Lent last February......

wa state
reviews: 3
6. Re: Blue crabs, stone crabs, or?

Not many crab, lots of lobster, & be very carefull about eating raw seafood of any sort if you don't know where it came from. You will probably end up with a belly ache at least & have a good chance of catching hepititis

Mazatlan, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Mazatlan
7. Re: Blue crabs, stone crabs, or?

Neils, thanks for letting me know that. I have been there many times, but only after dark and have never seen anyone eating! I sit under the trees just outside so I still have hearing, LOL. But everyone seems to have a great time.