We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weather Questions

Which Mazatlan hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
BC Okanagan
reviews: 10
Weather Questions

Welcome to the Mazatlan Forum. One Question that is asked many times is "Whats the weather right now" Or " Whats the weather like in July etc"

Well, here are a few resources for you.

For the weather station at the Airport wunderground.com/global/stations/76458.html

This site has the current forecast, and a historical search option. You can click on "trip Planner" enter your dates and see what the "average" weather is for that time.

Of course, just like at home, nobody can predict what the weather will be next month, let alone next year...but it will give you a pretty good indication of what generally happens at that time of year.

Note that there is a drop down menu for selecting a source for your current weather information. This option changes as the volunteers running the various weather stations have technical trouble or move etc. The Airport is always available, but sometimes there are stations to the north of the Golden Zone, sometimes there are also stations in Centro. Fun to see the temp differences in the various areas.

And a favorite resource is of course the Beach Cam!!

http://www.innatmazatlan.com.mx/campage.html Take a real time look and see for yourself how beautiful it is in Maz right now!

11 replies to this topic
Lake Minnewawa, mn
1. Re: Weather Questions

Your link goes to a personal weather station.

The Mazatlan airport is

wunderground.com/global/stations/76459.html

Mazatlan
Destination Expert
for Mazatlan
reviews: 29
2. Re: Weather Questions

An easier way is to go to the station Mama suggested, see the Los Pena area weather, then click on the "Mazatlan airport" on the left and you can compare the locations weather.

Mazatlán
Destination Expert
for Mazatlan
reviews: 13
3. Re: Weather Questions

The Playa Escondida weather station is up and running again. If you scroll down near the bottom of the weather page to where it says All Weather Stations, you will see both the Los Pinos Station and the Playa Escondido Station.

It's interesting how the temperatures, wind, and humidity can vary, given they are both so near the ocean. Playa Escondida is really close to Mazatlan Marina so a good reference for folks in the Golden Zone and Cerritos Beach area. Los Pinos is nearer to Olas Altas and the downtown area of the city, so great for those staying in that area.

Duluth, Minnesota
reviews: 25
4. Re: Weather Questions

Here is a good site for long range(16 days) weather forecasts. I look at the GFS models. Take with a grain a salt when looking at them. Look at general pattern and not for specifics. We'll be heading down on March 20 so I'll be keeping an eye on the weather forecasts. I don't think this year has been too typical so far. More rain than usual.

www.nco.ncep.noaa.gov/pmb/nwprod/analysis/

milwaukee
5. Re: Weather Questions

What will the weather be like the first week in December, 2011?

washington state
reviews: 98
6. Re: Weather Questions

Beautiful, warm days, cooler nights, a light sweat could be needed if you are walking along the malacon or dining at one of the great ocean side places to eat.

milwaukee
7. Re: Weather Questions

This is my first time to Mazatlan and staying at the RIU Emerald Bay. Can you give me any information on what I should all do, go see, places in town to visit/eat, any info at all would be appreciated. thank you.

milwaukee
8. Re: Weather Questions

do you know if the RIU Emerald Bay is a nice hotel?

Onalaska, WI
reviews: 28
9. Re: Weather Questions

RIU is very nice. In New Mazatlan so north of the marina area. There is a lot to do. Take a tour of the city and area. Pick a destination. I know the RIU is all inclusive but food is very cheap in Maz. Go out to a few restaurants as well.

Try Tony's on the Beach, Los Zarape's, Munchins. All should still be in business. They have VERY good entertainment at Los Zarape but get reservations on Sat night. We usually go in Nov and the weather is outstanding. Dec isn't much different. Go down to the Holiday Inn and try the bar there. If you go back I would suggest the Holiday Inn to stay at. Very nice and cheap. BTW: I live in Onalaska, Go Pack. Good football bar down at the Saloon to watch CFL or NFL.

Mazatlan, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Mazatlan
reviews: 8
10. Re: Weather Questions

blu1124......your questions would be MUCH more widly viewed, and more answers received if you put your question on the main forum, rather that a sticky about weather. People come here MOSTLY to ask weather related questions or get weather related info. The main forum is just that. The main forum. For questions of all types. And many will see your question who have stayed at that hotel so you will likely get many responses.

Reply to: Weather Questions
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted