We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mosquitos?

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Mazatlan hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Portland, OR
Mosquitos?

I was getting ready to do my packing and wondered about bringing bug spray. I didn't know if there was a large mosquito population in Mazatlan. I usually get eaten alive by these creatures, so I want to be prepared. Thanks.

wa state
reviews: 3
1. Re: Mosquitos?

We stayed north of town ( Sea Garden) 2 years ago & got eaten pretty bad have stayed in the golden zone

(Pueblo Bonito) several times without much trouble so I guess the answer is take it, if you don't need it you were lucky.

It actually might be just as easy to buy it there ever had a bottle of bug spray burst in your baggage? It's not pretty.

Mount Vernon...
reviews: 107
2. Re: Mosquitos?

Have needed mosquito repellant only if I am out on beach after dark, or early in the morning. Pueblo Bonito sprays for the critters I believe. I usually take a small tube of herbal repellant. That is enough.

Colorado
3. Re: Mosquitos?

Ravenlady...what's the herbal repellent you use and where do we get it? Thanks!

Cabo San Lucas
reviews: 4
4. Re: Mosquitos?

I recommend bringing your own can of OFF unscented or such. The Mexican brands are really stinky and OFF will cost up to $8 a can here.

AB canada
reviews: 1
5. Re: Mosquitos?

Mosquitos? wow, I must always have traveled to Mazatlan during the mosquitos off season. I have never noticed mosquitos in Mazatlan or anywhere in Mexico for that matter. I ususally travel in the fall/winter Sept- Jan, maybe it's different in the spring/summer season.

Mazatlan
reviews: 1
6. Re: Mosquitos?

Vince Ricardo: I was in the jungle - the bush we called it - for approximately nine months...

Sheldon: Nine months! That must have really been something!

Vince Ricardo: It was. I saw things... They have tsetse flies down there the size of eagles.

This of course from the very funny movie, "The In-Laws" (no, not the new one, the old one)

Anyway, maybe not as big as an eagle. BUT... pretty darn close.