We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Manzanillo - Colima Must See & Do

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Manzanillo hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Manzanillo - Colima Must See & Do

My wife and I will be in Manzanillo for one week in Feb./07. Coming by bus from Puerto Vallarta. Staying at the El Palomar Condominiums. Just wondering what some of must see, must does are. We would like to take a day tour to Colima. Any recommended tour, or bus company? Any other suggestions, or recommendations which would make our stay more enjoyable would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

chicago
reviews: 1
1. Re: Manzanillo - Colima Must See & Do

hola, we made the bus trip from pv to maz earlier this month. the bus ride was comfortable and scenic with some coastline and a lot of jungle. we stayed north of the city at a resort with its own private beach. getting around is very easy via the bus system. taxi's are incexpensive compared to pvr. maz i think is like pvr was some 20 years ago. no high rise, no beach vendors, no hustlers. as for tours in maz, it is pretty limited. bay , city and colima tours and that was about it. the colima tour quoted at 1,100 pesos. you could bus it to colima (about 60 p each way) and arrange a tour when you get there, much cheaper and more comfortable. i don't know what colima has to offer but was told more interesting than maz. maz is great for cheap eats with many restaurants to choose from. we ate out 3 times at great seafood restaurants. a shrimp dinnner with all the sides for less than 60 p. there is a weekend market which consists of mainly chinese imports mostly being clothing. the central market is a 2 story builinding selling only fruits and vegetables. the bueses are comfprotable and take you to most places around the bay. during our 7 days there we saw only about 10 or 12 expats, off season no doubt. could never find any english newspapers fortunately we had our laptop and was able to surf. don't recall andy internet cafes, but they must have them. if you are looking for a quiet vacation with plenty of time to catch up on your reading, maz is the place.

Calgary, Canada
reviews: 10
2. Re: Manzanillo - Colima Must See & Do

I would definitely suggest a trip to Barra de Navidad as it is really scenic and about the best place for souvenir shopping in the area. You can take a short boat ride around the lagoon, going to the seafood restaurants across the lagoon next to the Isla Navidad Hotel. Just a great place for a day trip. I always go there and have taken friends to see it as well and they were not disappointed.

See Sea to Sierra (Nan) if you want to take any bike, horse, boat tours in Barra!

Katrine

manzanillo
3. Re: Manzanillo - Colima Must See & Do

Contact Excursiones Lujos The tour company is operated by Luis Jorge Alvarez. Sr. Alvarez is a former director of tourism and his staff is very well informed. I reccommend two tours one to Colilma and Suttchlan and hte Cylatlan Lagoon and turtle sanctuary

You can contact Excursiones Lujo at 011-52 -314-334-2444 or go to their web site www.excursioneslujo.com

4. Re: Manzanillo - Colima Must See & Do

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:20 pm, August 19, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Manzanillo