We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

From Manz. airport to Melaque?

Which Manzanillo hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Walkerton, Canada
reviews: 13
From Manz. airport to Melaque?

Is there a bus from Manzanillo airport to Melaque/Barra de Navidad? Thinking of going there next winter and prefer buses to taxis. We did take a bus from the bus stn. in Manzanillo but it's out of the way by a lot to do that from the airport and then get a bus back towards Melaque.

Is there a collectivo or if a taxi is the only way, about how much does it cost in pesos?

Thanks!

Oakville, Canada
reviews: 94
1. Re: From Manz. airport to Melaque?

No. There are no public buses between ZLO and Barra or Melaque. The closest buses would be out on the highway which is about 5 km from the terminal. A taxi to the highway will cost you almost as much as a taxi the whole way.

At peak times the airport taxi service do run the suburban taxi's as collectivos however, on occasions in the past they have insisted that people form their own collective groups - or alternatively - all be going to the same hotel or specific destination. At other times they have just piled people into the suburbans and dropped them off where ever they were going within Barra and Melaque. Having gone to the airport a lot to meet flights I observed over the years that how busy it is seems to affect how they operate that service. When it is busy they are more inclined to pile people in and drop them where ever they want to go.

The prices have been posted in other posts and I am sure someone will chime in with prices more current than what I have. One thing to note, if there is to be a price change it will normally occur in November or December prior to the coming winter season.

Edited: 7:01 am, June 21, 2013
Walkerton, Canada
reviews: 13
2. Re: From Manz. airport to Melaque?

Thanks for your help, I appreciate it I'll keep researching!

Funkynassau

3. Re: From Manz. airport to Melaque?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, June 23, 2014